My 2016 goals are ambitious. That’s a given. That’s because I have a lot I want to accomplish and I don’t want to waste any more time. My full list of 2016 goals is listed here but here’s how I’m doing at the end of Q1:
Running/ Health and Fitness
I made lots of fitness goals this year but it’s gotten off to a slow start – there are always other things to focus on and the extreme cold winter made me think about doing everything except working out.
BUT I’ve finally started again. I got back into running – last week I ran 3 times for a total of 7 miles. It’s not much in the big scheme of things but my goal this week is to increase that to 4 runs, 2 miles each time. The key to staying healthy is to not crank up the mileage too fast.
I’ve been changing my diet steadily but surely. I am not vegetarian but I’ve been trying to get my diet centered around plant-based foods, cutting way back on my sugar consumption, and eating more natural, whole, unprocessed foods. I’ve lost some weight (don’t ask how much) but even better than that, I feel healthier, and isn’t that the goal?
This coming Saturday, I’ll be participating in a know-your-numbers campaign so maybe I’ll share my numbers with you then.
I am behind on my financial goals but still plodding along with paying down debts so I can be debt free by 5/16 and then transition to working on my other goals.
- Goal: Read 100 books. So far, I’ve read 12/50 Fiction and 10/50 Non-Fiction for a total of 22. That means I am 3 books behind schedule.
- Goal: Complete Popsugar Reading Challenge by 12/16 – so far I’ve read 17 of the 40 categories
- I completed the Winter Reading Challenge in 1/16
- I completed 1 John Maxwell class in Feb and plan to start another in May
- Prepare all Pathfinders to master their respective classes by 6/16
- Goal to be fluent in French by June 4, 2016: I fell behind on my daily practice videos when I got sick and lost my voice or just couldn’t stop coughing for a few days but I have been practicing and will start the videos again soon.
- In March, I published 1 of the 3 books I plan to release in 2016 – click here to check out It’s Complicated: Short Stories About Long Relationships
- I planned to write 5 books in 2016. I spent the first couple of months getting my short story collection ready. Now that that’s done, I’m focusing on a novel that’s about three-quarters of the way done and hope to have the draft ready for reviews by the end of April.
- I gave a sermonette at my church on March 30th – it was my first so it was challenging and exciting and fun and I plan to do it again soon.
- I plan to read the entire Bible in 2016 and so far, I’ve only finished 5 of the 66 books. Pray for me.
Blog and Social Media
- Goal: 2K blog followers – I have 500 people reading right now and I’m feeling blessed to have such a great audience.
- Goal: 7K IG followers – 916 were following me in February; at the end of March, there were 1041. Awesome!
- Goal: I am hoping to have 5K users reading my Twitter feed by the end of year. Right now, I have 664. Good start.
The winter months have been a bust for traveling and so far this year, I haven’t left the state except for a weekend in Connecticut and a couple day excursions into New Jersey. I don’t know if that counts for travel. Anyway, I’m hoping to change all that as the summer rolls around. I have the following trips planned:
- Union Camporee in Rhode Island, May 18-22
- Virginia Beach for BAYDA – I’ve decided against this trip and am replacing it with a trip to Atlanta in June
- Blog Fest in California, July 14-17
- Jamaica to spend happy time with my family at Christmas 2016
How are you doing with your goals? Do you do a monthly or quarterly check-in to see if you’re on schedule? If so, please share.