I haven’t done a favorites post in a while but last week and weekend were so awesome, it’s hard not to share some of my favorite moments for the record books so I can remember them always.
If you’ve been reading my posts over the last 3 weeks or so, you know I’ve been trying to transition to mostly plant-based foods. But then, my parents sent me some awesome fried fish from Jamaica and I have no control over those temptations.
You mean aside from mine? (Which you can click here to buy)
Anyway, I did read other things last week including Sheltering Rain, JoJo Moyes’ debut novel, and I’m still finishing up Cure by Jo Marchant although I already reviewed it here but the best so far is Business Secrets from the Bible which I’m still in the middle of.
I’ve been selling my books (online and in person). Best transaction thus far has been a sale to my 3 former supervisors/managers at my old job. I gave them all the same inscription: Best Boss ever” so they could duke it out amongst themselves. They all still work together so it should be interesting. I hope they send me pictures of the battle. It also made me think of this quote from the book:
A set of Mini-cards from Moo. I’ve used them before to design these business cards for my blog
Now that I have cards coming for my book promotion, I am so excited. If you’d like to order some cards yourself, use this code and get 10% off your first order.
Favorite post on Instagram: this picture of a little girl who asked her mom buy my book
<Click here to follow me on IG if you’re not doing it already>
Favorite moments of the weekend – I couldn’t choose one because there are several:
- Sitting with my wellness counselor and making a plan to move forward into my healthiest phase. I’ve been trying to lose weight and was feeling a bit discouraged because I haven’t seen the results of my recent labor. He gave me some new tools which I’m excited about trying.
- The Sip’N’See to introduce my book to some of my friends. It was such a pleasure just sharing a little piece of myself with people who already know me in another capacity.
- Going to the Museum of Modern Art and staring at unique works, standing next to people who are looking at the same thing but who are thinking completely different thoughts. The MoMA is one of my favorite places to visit and I don’t go often enough but I always leave so inspired when I do. My favorite exhibit was probably this one of some envelopes that traveled the world.
My goals this week:
- Keep promoting my book so I can sell another 100 copies this week.
- Follow my eating plan on My Fitness Pal – if you’re on the app, please follow me so we can encourage each other.
- Run x 4
- Write or do something creative every day so I don’t forget that my true passion is writing, not just sharing what I’ve already written.
What was the best part of your weekend? What are you looking forward to this week?Shared with – B Loved Boston, More Pieces of Me, Weekly Goals, Running N Reading, Weekly Wraps, Monday Gratitude , What are you reading