I like to think of myself as superwoman. It comes from a reaction to a song made popular by a lady named Karen Whyte when I was just a little girl. The lyrics says: I’m not your superwoman, I’m not the kind of girl that you can let down and think that everything is okay…. I’m only human.
With all the comparisons that I’ve heard, what with me and the singer having similar names, I’ve spent a lifetime trying to prove that I’m the opposite. That I, indeed, am superwoman. I push myself to do things that people say are impossible and sometimes run myself ragged in the process just so I can prove to myself that I can. But even superheroes need things:
- A center
- Surprise gifts of candy/chocolates/soft socks/iced tea (whatever is needed)
- Opportunities to feel needed
- A place where you can smile just thinking about it and when you get there, it’s even better than you imagined
- People who are easy and quick to forgive
- Conversation that stimulates without being combative
- Good news
- Promises made
- Promises kept
- Another superhero to bail them out every now and then
This weekend, I experienced every single one of those things.
Today, I’m feeling thankful for my family and friends and especially happy to have another day in which I can express gratitude.
I hope you have a wonderful day and a fantastic week ahead.
Check me out on my YouTube channel.