This will forever be remembered as the weekend where:
- I went camping and didn’t realize my accommodations were going to be under a heat dome 😅
- The temp hit 99 (I hear it actually hit 100 on Saturday but at that point, I was permanently fixed under the shade) and one of my fellow campers had to go to the hospital for heat stress
- I met some great people including one lady who took a liking to me and declared that I was her new best friend – when we started talking, we realized how much we have in common – we even have the same birthday – best friendship just seems like it was destined.
- Speaking of friendship, I had a chance to mend a relationship that has been strained for a while and I think we are in a good place again.
- This is me with the team I led this weekend.
- This is them celebrating after they finished making a table using just sticks and rope. We were all pretty proud of it considering they built it in 40 minutes and it could support a person’s weight.
- I made plans for another hiking/ backpacking trip in a few weeks time.
- BookTubeAThon ended. I had thought about trying to read 7 books last week but that was just crazy talk. I finished 3 and those 3 books completed 5 of the 7 challenges so I am pretty proud.
- I braided my hair again because heat and fussing with my hair don’t seem to go together.
- Number of words written this weekend: zero but that’s okay. I got some experiences under my belt that I can write about sometime later.
- But… The best thing that happened this weekend is that I got inspired to do more with my resources. I’m not always the best steward with time and opportunities but I can always start trying to be better.
- Currently reading: Shonda Rhimes’ Year of Yes and loving how real she appears in her writing.
What was the best part of your weekend? What’s on your mind this week?