- I just passed my first YouTube milestone – 100 subscribers after just a month of posting videos. I love sharing my words with you on the blog but it’s also really cool to post videos. They allow me to express myself in a way I never have before and I look forward to being more creative with them and sharing even more with you. Click here to subscribe to my feed.
- I experienced a miracle yesterday. A prayer I never thought had a chance of being answered just came through. Something I was dreading doing but I showed up to do it anyway. The lady said, it’s okay, here’s what I want instead. And she renegotiated our terms better than I could have even prayed for. Sorry to be so cryptic but I can’t post the details here. Just know, I’m walking around singing.
- I started running again. Yesterday’s one mile was just the beginning of what I know is enjoyable days to come.
- My heart aches for two families from my hometown – one that lost a son who was at the beginning of his youth and the other that lost a father, their patriarch, along with all the many stories and words of wisdom he had to share.
- What do you do when you’re reading a book that you aren’t enjoying? Do you quit? Do you put it aside and just never get back to it or do you actively say, that’s it, I’m done work this one? Or do you plod on, hoping it will get better? I have a book that I’m reading for a review – I won’t tell you the title yet – but the first 30 pages or so were a challenge for me. Continuing the story took all my willpower. Now, around page 80, it’s getting better. Maybe because I’m more invested now. Maybe because the style is starting to grow on me. Maybe because I’ve lost some brain cells to the process so I’m just easier to please. Either way, I’m continuing on. What would you do?
- I can’t believe it’s Olympics time again. Of course I’m excited. 4 years ago, I told anyone who would listen that I was going to train for the decathlon in Rio 2016. They all knew that was just words and a pipe dream. But it just goes to show the effect the Olympics has. It makes me want to do big things. Gives me hope for the future. Makes me want to reach higher and get stronger and go bigger. This month, I’m looking forward to everything the games has to offer – extraordinary people doing extraordinary things. But even more than that, I’m looking forward to how I’ll feel – motivated to go do some extraordinary things myself.
- I am usually up late. Too excited to sleep? Too keyed up? Who knows. But when I am awake at night, I read articles like this one about things you can invest in that will help ensure your success. Great list, I think. It includes a book that I bought a couple weeks ago, Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich so I think that validates the list 😀
What are you Thinking Out Loud about today?