Everyone who knows me, knows I read a lot. My IRL (in real life) friends always see me with a book peeking out of my purse. Regular blog readers know I post about books all the time and the ladies at the library are always asking if I’m going to read all those books I check out. When your reading habits puzzle the librarian, that’s when you know you have a problem.
Because of that, I get asked about books all the time and even when I’m not asked, I volunteer book recommendations as my advice for common problems. So this might not be a hard list to compile because I dole out books as BandAids and surgical stitches all the time.
The Ten Books I Recommend Most Are:
- Marianne Williamson’s A Woman’s Worth for women who are struggling with the world’s definition of them.
- George S. Clason: The Richest Man in Babylon for a quick but in depth study on how to stop making financial mistakes and start building wealth
- Malcolm Gladwell’s Outliers is the book where he outlines his well-known 10,000 Hours Theory and is the book that changed the way I thought about my own abilities
- Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist about finding and following your purpose
- Business Secrets from the Bible is a new recommendation but I tell everyone about how this book inspired me to study deeper what the Bible means for practical living and apply it to even my non-spiritual needs
- Elizabeth Gilbert’s Big Magic for creative motivation in whatever art you prefer
- Born to Run which would make even the most committed couch-potato want to lace up their sneakers and start pounding the pavement
- The Little Prince because big messages come in small books and can often be shared with even the youngest reader.
- Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success which is Steve Harvey’s take on how you can envision a dream and work towards achieving it.
- It’s Complicated: Short Stories About Long Relationships is the book I wrote so naturally, it’s the book I’ve recommended most.
If you like this post, you might also like:
- Old books never die
- 10 books I’d buy right now
- 10 Books that would make great movies – so far, one got made
Link up with other Top Ten Tuesday posts here