Thinking out loud about…
- USA’s 30+ medals at the Olympics whereas Brazil isn’t in the top ten. Actually, Brazil is in 21st place with 3 medals so far. There should be a rule about not overshadowing the host or something. Okay, I know that’s ridiculous but… it just feels bad.
- Speaking of Olympics, I want to be in it. I’ve been thinking of a sport that I can start training for at my age and my sadly-lacking athletic ability. I think I’ve found it. My sport, I mean. It’s rowing. You know those 8 women rowing in sync? Yeah, that sport but not those women. Opposite those women is a single woman who faces them, steering them, telling them when to push harder so they can win. I feel ready to do that. Japan 2020. That’s so going to be my year.
- Until then however, my sport of choice seems to be competitive reading. Day 2 of my re-readathon challenge is officially underway. You can watch my daily blogs on my YouTube channel. I am reading a lot more today than I did yesterday so that’s a good thing.
- I’ve also been doing a running streak since last week. Every year, I do a MODRUN (modified running streak where I run at least a mile a day, for 6 days and take a day off). I’m finally at the place where running is feeling like a habit again. Like if I didn’t go running, it would feel weird. But the morning activities are giving me afternoon sluggishness. Help!
- I should be on my way to a weekend backpacking trip right now but I can’t walk far without my toe hurting… bad. It’s not so bad that I can’t run but somehow walking hurts more. Weird, right? Not really since my running shoes fit different from my trainers. So maybe I should wear running shoes all the time now. Why walk when you can run? Now that’s an idea whose time has come!
- I haven’t ridden my bike all summer. I think tomorrow is the day to take it to the shop and get the tires checked etc. Every summer, my friend and I go on a biking excursion and she’s due to be out of school this week so… It’s time to trade my running shoes for clip-in cycling shoes and take to the streets. Best way to rest that sprained toe, I think. Besides, I need to rest up for my impending Olympic career.
What’s on your mind today?
Linked up for Thinking Out Loud