Goals Set and Goals Achieved

Last week in the MODRUN (MODified RUNning streak), my goal was to run between 1.5 and 2 miles each time. It started well and faded away towards the end of the week.

• Sunday – 2 slow miles with the run club, made possible only because I have amazing run-buddies
  • Monday – 1.81 miles early in the morning.
  • Tuesday – 1.11 miles while I tried to problem-solve some issues for my friend. I kept having to start and stop but I got a mile in. Later, I did some running around which I hope was enough to get me cross the 1.5 mile goal. I went to the mall and fell in love with these running shoes. I think I might be able to run a marathon with these babies.
  • Wednesday – I went to the park and ran 2 solid miles around the site of a Jewish concert. A budding comedian was doing the warmup and he was telling a story that kept me entertained.
  • Thursday -I didn’t get to run all day so at night, I got a short run in before bed. My phone died in the middle of it so I don’t know how long it was but it felt like at least a mile judging by how I felt afterwards.
  • Friday – I didn’t get a run in since my foot was hurting again but I did walk about 3 miles. I think that counts, right?
  • Saturday – Well deserved Rest

What else did I do last week? Oh yeah, the readathon. I signed up to be part of this Re-readathon. I did my part but I wasn’t impressed by happened during the challenge. The host got sick in the first couple of days. Understandable. But then it didn’t seem like there was anyone else to pick up the slack so for a few days, it felt like there’s wasn’t anything going on. I posted video recaps of what I read on my YouTube channel but there wasn’t much activity from other readathon participants. And that’s what I was looking forward to most of all.

Aside from the urge to read more, the point of a readathon is to find other people doing a similar challenge and make some new friends so that second reason, I felt, was a little disappointing.

I will talk a little more about that readathon in another post but right now, let’s just say that over the 10 day challenge period, I read 3 of the 6 books on my TBR, plus a few more:

That being said, I’m not done with readathons. In fact, this week, I am participating in Bout of books 17 starting today. So far, over 300 readers and bloggers have signed up so that already is more promising.

My TBR for this week includes some YA fiction that I’ve been wanting to check out:

• Between The World and Me/ Ta-nehisi Coates
  • Me and Earl and The Dying Girl/ Jesse Andrews
  • November 9/ Colleen Hoover
  • The Problem with Forever/ Jennifer L Armentrout
  • Dark Places/ Gillian Flynn

More updates on Amazon, YouTubeBloglovin, InstagramPinterest and Twitter.

Linkup: B Loved BostonBella and The City, More Pieces of MeWeekly GoalsWeekly WrapsMonday Gratitude, Link Love

1. Simon says:

You’re always so busy… keep it up! Don’t over work that injured foot! πŸ™‚

2. Great job! Take care of that foot.

Thanks, T. I am trying.

3. anarmchairbythesea says:

Hi Karen,
    I’m sorry you felt that way about the event,however if you read my closing post you would have seen the reasons it didn’t all go to plan plus my apologies for that as well as that I had no cohost and am now looking for one. Please bear in mind that a lot of work and love goes into these events and unfortunately I cant control whether or not I’m sick /have more childcare issues than planned etc.
    Thanks

I totally understand. I hope I didn’t offend you by what I said. I don’t blame you. I understand you were sick. Schedules change. Things happen. That’s probably why bigger readathons have multiple hosts. And even then, some of them can’t cope with all that’s involved with running it.
      What I would have liked to see was more interaction from other participants. I tried reaching out to some of the people who signed up but didn’t hear back and/or didn’t get a corresponding visit to my page. That was really the most disappointing part.
      That being said, if you do the event again, # 5, I would like to try again.
      And you gained a new follower on your blog πŸ˜€
      Thanks for commenting.

1. anarmchairbythesea says:

Thanks, I’m glad you’re interested in participating again. Looks like we’ll have three hosts for the next one so that should make it easier to keep updated and run more challenges and suchlike πŸ™‚ I’ve often found it difficult to get people who sign up to interact in the past so I totally can understand your frustration! I’d love to hear any suggestions you might have for increasing interaction for future events!

4. shaunacey says:

I so admire you for both running so much AND reading so much!! I have not done much of either in WAY too long!!
    love those sneakers, so fun!

Thanks Shaunacey. You made me smile with that comment. I’m just reading back into running too. When the time is right, so will you. πŸ˜€

5. How unfortunate that the leader of the readathon slacked off…or fell out, or something. I agree that the whole point (for me, anyway) is the connection with others doing the same task.

Thanks for sharing.