BoutOfBooks17 Update

If you’re here because you’re doing #BoutOfBooks17 too,

WELCOME!

The BoutOfBooks17 Readathon started on Monday, Aug 22nd and goes for a week. I have been a little lax with my updates so I’ve decided to just keep updating this page with my progress.

BoutOfBook Readathon Pros

• I chose some great books for my TBR
  • I’ve met some new people who’re participating in the readathon

My BoutOfBooks17 TBR

1. Me and Earl and The Dying Girl/ Jesse Andrews
  2. Between The World and Me/ Ta-Nehisi Coates
  3. November 9/ Colleen Hoover
  4. The Problem With Forever/ Jennifer L. Armentrout
  5. Longevity/ Cameron Diaz (added on 8/25/16)

Click here to watch my TBR video

BoutOfBooks17 TBR

Day 3 Reading Update

So far, I’ve finished Book 1

I started Book 2 which may be one the best pieces of social psychology I’ve read all year. No wonder this young man was a finalist for the Pulitzer.

Day 4 Challenge

I used Me and Earl and The Dying Girl to complete the challenge which is to write a tabloid headline.

Secret Movies:
Social misfits fulfill dying girl's last wish the only way they know how

Day 4 Reading Update

Pages read:

• Between The World and Me – 52 pages
  • November 9 – 36 pages

Day 5 Challenge

Currently reading – November 9/ Colleen Hoover about a girl’s difficult relationship with her father.

Song connection: Kelly Clarkson’s Because Of You

Because of you
I try my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don’t know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I’m ashamed of my life
Because it’s empty
Because of you
I am afraid

Day 5 Reading Update

Pages Read:

• Between The World and Me – 100 pages (finished)
  • November 9 – 0 pages
  • Longevity – 20 pages

Day 6 Reading Update

Pages Read: 270 in November 9. I finished. I couldn’t go to bed until I was done.

Thoughts: There’s only 1 day left in the readathon and I have an entire book to finish. The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout is the last book on my original TBR list. I’m probably not going to finish but I’m going to try. I could read a novel in a day but I won’t be able to read most of the day so I’ll just see if after I do all the things and go all the places, if I have enough time to finish it.

Day 7 Recap and Readathon Wrap-up

I quit the readathon at about 10:30 p.m. on Sunday night. I was sleepy but I could have pushed through and stayed up to finish the last book if it was interesting. Blame it on the book though because I wasn’t loving it. It was my first attempt reading Jennifer L. Armentrout and I wasn’t impressed with the writing style, the language, the representations or the pace at which the book was going. I felt good enough with what I had done. If I’d had a short book, I would’ve read it instead.

• Books completed during the readathon: 3
  • Books partially read: 2

Click here to watch my Recap video

If you did the BoutOfBooks, what was your overall experience?

Please take a moment to preview my book on Amazon

and check out my other social media pages:

1. Great headline. Have a good reading day! (And a great every kind of day.) 🙂

Aww, thanks so much

2. You’re doing great! I know, it’s hard to read as much as we want to – darned adult stuff! 😉 Will be looking forward to what you finish next.

Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi!

And thanks for returning the favor, Laura.

3. I’m glad you were able to participate in a challenge! Nice headline, I haven’t read the book but it looks like I’ll have to add some to my TBR read. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Thanks for stopping by. I did today’s challenge again. I’m on a roll!

4. Glad to see that you’re enjoying Between the World and Me! I’ve heard good things about it and I’m hoping to eventually read it myself. Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck with the rest of the readathon!

5. Looking good so far, keep up the great progress! Once between The World And Me pulled me in, I rather enjoyed it, even bough it’s a hard read. 💔 Good luck with the rest of the readathon!

6. yes! Between the World and Me is so so good

Yes it is. I got a copy from the library but I can’t wait to buy my own and start writing all over the pages. I’ve already recommended it to so many people. I want to commit passages to memory. Great read. He so deserved to win the prize for it.

7. I didn’t start reading until Wednesday but once I finally started reading I couldn’t stop. I finished book 3 yesterday but I haven’t started another book yet.

Good for you!
      I had a slow start too. I just finished book 2, the NF, am in the middle of book 3, and think if I plan it right, I’ll be able to accomplish my 4 book TBR by Sunday night.

1. I didn’t do a blog pos on my TBR because I was just going to try to read all the books I got for my library haul.

I have so many books checked out from the library that I can’t read them all on a week. Haha. But I am whittling down my pile slowly.
        How many library books do you have checked out?

3. I have 6 books checked out right now. I have only made it through two of them and they are due back on the 29th. Luckily I can renew the other ones again.

Oh good. Renewals are the best. Sometimes I go crazy with it. The New York library allows me to renew up to 10 times if there’s no hold on the book. 😜

5. My library only allows 2 renewals if there’s no hold on the book.

8. Susan says:

I really want to read Between The World And Me. I have it on my Nook so I may start that tomorrow. Good luck on your reading for the rest of the weekend. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

9. You look like you are climbing your TBR pile as well during this round of the RaT.

Thanks for cheering me on. I feel a little bad stopping one book to start a whole new series reread. But my “what should I read?” focus seems to have shifted a bit…

I love seeing the variety of books people read during this read a thon.

I do love exploring other bloggers TBR too. Lots of books that piqued my interest. Diversity!

10. Ruthsic says:

Nice tabloid headline. I’ll be sure to check out that book, since you make it sound pretty interesting. Great progress, btw!

11. Amy says:

I’ve been thinking about picking up Me and Earl and the Dying Girl for a while now. I really like the headline that you came up for the book. Congrats on getting through so much of your TBR list! 🙂

12. 3 out of 5 books is great! I hope you liked the Colleen Hoover book. I need to get my hands on some of her books.