If you’re like most people, you probably have the opportunity to meet someone new everyday. At work. At church. Standing in line at the grocery store. Waiting for your kids at a recital. On a dating website. You know where you go.
But everyone wants to be original and memorable. We all want to say something to break the ice, to start up a conversation where the other person will share something about themselves, you get to share something about yourself, and you’ll both get to laughing like you’ve always been friends.
Big Fat No’s
5. Don’t ask Did you run in Rio 2016?
4. Don’t ask Are you going to run in Tokyo 2020?
3. Don’t ask Have you won any marathons lately?
2. Don’t ask Do you know Usain Bolt or Meb Keflizighi or (insert name of famous runner here)?
And the number one question you should avoid is…
1. Don’t ask After what happened to that jogger in the park, don’t you think you should stop running?
5. Do ask What’s your running plan like?
4. Do ask Who’s your running inspiration?
3. Do ask Do you prefer road or trail running?
2. Do ask When did you start running?
and the number one question you should ask a runner is…
1. Do ask What advice would you give someone who wants to start running?
Ask us to talk freely about about our running experiences or for running advice and you’ll always get a response.
Are you a runner? What else would you add to this list?
Connect with me on Social Media: