Do you have an answer for the question, What’s your style? I am going to hazard a guess and say that most people don’t have a clue what their personal style is. I don’t, so forgive me if I lump you in along with me.
A few days ago, I reviewed The Curated Closet here. In browsing through the book, I found the Style Questionnaire and I am so anxious to be able to answer it. First, in order to be accurate, you have to take a record of everything you wore in the last two weeks. Now I wish I’d been seriously blogging during that time. Anyway, I am going to take the quiz now and revisit it after I’ve taken 2 weeks of OOTD (Outfit Of The Day) selfies. Kind of like a diagnostic test you take at the beginning of the school year so you know how hard you need to study to pass the class. LOL. These are the questions:
- Favorite outfit that you wore in the last 2 weeks and why. How did it make you feel?
- What was your least fav and why? How did that make you feel?
- How happy were you about your last 2 weeks outfits. Scale of 1 to 10.
- Use 3 adjectives to describe your current style
- List your 5 most-worn clothes in the last 2 weeks. How well do they represent your color preference?
- What types of silhouettes and fits did you wear most often? Why?
- Do you have a uniform – do your outfits tend to follow a similar pattern?
- How much variety do you need? Do you like a wide variation in terms of silhouettes, colors, details, etc?
- Do you prefer being underdressed or overdressed?
- Do you want people to notice your clothes?
- What accessories do you wear most often? How do you style your clothes – tucked or untucked, rolled or unrolled?
- Overall, how comfortable were your outfits? What qualities distinguish the most or least comfortable pieces in your wardrobe – fit, material, detail?
- How well fitting are your clothes? (from looking at the pictures you took)
- What message does your current look send?
- Imagine you had total confidence and unlimited funds to overhaul your wardrobe. Would you keep the same type of outfits you wear now? If not, what would you change?
If you’d like to take this style journey with me, I encourage you to take the quiz today and start taking 2 weeks worth of OOTD selfies so we can revisit it. I’m still reading the book but in two weeks, I hope to have more to share.
If you hashtag your posts #RunwrightStyle and share them on social media, I’ll look out for them.
Let’s start 2 weeks of Outfit of the day selfies. See you on Instagram