After months away, I finally went back to the gym today. I had a cold this week but after several cups of tea made with lemon, ginger, Tumeric and honey, I’ve finally started feeling better and I felt like I needed a little activity to get me back on track.
The gym has changed. There are these stair climbing machines that I’d never seen before and that I forgot to take a picture of. But I forgot because I was just so busy with my workout – 30 minutes on the treadmill was enough for today and it motivated me to want to go back. That’s important for a first time back at the gym, I think.
I’ve also decided to resume my GBOMBS meals. It’s the best plan I’ve tried and I want to use it to fuel my workouts as I focus on improving my health. If you’re unfamiliar, you can check out any of these posts where I talk a little more about GBOMBS:
- G – greens. I try to always have at least two kinds of greens on hand at all times. Roasted broccoli is one of my favorite foods.
- B – beans. Lentils for soups and black beans for salads.
- O – onions. I love cooking with white onions and I usually get the red ones for salads.
- M – mushrooms. I prefer these Cremini mushrooms to the pre-packaged baby Bella.
- B – berries. My package of strawberries is almost done. I didn’t realize but I’ll get another kind of berry later. Is it blueberry season?
- S – seeds (My package of chia seeds is almost done but they’re not available at my neighborhood grocery so I need to head to Whole Foods or something this weekend)
And that’s my Fitness Friday focus. I hope that next week this time, I’ll have a better update for you, that I would have logged a few hours in the gym and have some progress to share but right now I’m just excited about the process.
What’s your fitness focus this week?