NaNoWriMo2016 Week 1 Update

Currently, I’m….

Writing my NaNoWriMo novel which is probably the most ambitious project I’ve ever worked on in this challenge. I didn’t say too much about my plot before because I started the month not having a clue what the story would be about. After 7 days of writing, I’ve decided it will be a YA mystery, complete with bookish themes, riddles and teenage appropriate humor. I don’t know if any of my jokes are funny because I’m so focused on trying to get back on track after falling off my word count schedule last week. There are lots of plot change decisions I made that I regret now but at least I’m writing everyday. Every word gets me closer to a resolution and at some point I’ll be done with my first draft. 8348 words written at the end of day 7.

Reading: Han Kang’s The Vegetarian. The Vegetarian by Han Kang

Participating in the #BorrowAThon reading challenge this week, where the objective is to read books you’ve borrowed from somewhere, in my case the library. Mission accomplished so far – none of the books I’ve read so far this month have been mine.

Looking forward to tomorrow because after Elections are over, at least the conversation topics will change a little and either Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump’s popularity will dwindle. At least that’ll happen.

What’s going on with you tonight?

1. Lorna P. says:

Waiting with bated breath to read your Mystery

Oh thank you. I also can’t wait to get to the point where I can share.

2. Idle Muser says:

Every word is definitely leading you to the very first draft of your book, which is surely better than having nothing on papers.
    All the best for your challenge. 🙂
    As I am from India, and here it is morning (11:00 am, to be precise), so I have just started my day. 😉
    Though night’s plan are more or less same for every night – little TV, little reading, little writing, little (which really isn’t that little) social sites’ surfing.

Hard to stay off the social media once you’ve started. Thanks for the comment, Aditi.

1. Idle Muser says:

Absolutely. It is easiest to get started and damn tough to stop it.😄

3. I have enjoyed The Vegetarian. my reviews is here: https://wordsandpeace.com/2016/07/09/book-review-the-vegetarian/. Good luck for your writing!

4. Chaitali says: