Including today, there are 42 days left in 2016. I’m sorry if I’m scaring you with these posts. That’s not the intent. For me, the countdown helps keep me reminded of a timeline I established to work on some goals and helps me focused on the immediacy of taking action. If this year has taught me anything, it is about being intentional. The first Non Fiction book I read this year was Intentional Living by John Maxwell and it really set the tone for my year. So far this year, I’ve learned to be proactive in several aspects of my life and I’m reaping some of those rewards right now.
- Losing a close friend suddenly taught me to consistently connect and affirm others.
- Almost missing a few opportunities taught me to stop procrastinating so much.
- Having failures in my group pushed me to take classes to learn how to be a better leader. Yes, those are skills that can be taught.
- Experiencing resistance taught me to be resilient.
- Being overlooked taught me to empower myself.
I have a lot more lessons to learn. I want when 2017 comes, that I would have accomplished my 2016 targets, that I am the best possible version of myself and that I am ready to move on to even bigger goals. I am using the next 42 days to prepare for that.