What The Book Is About
Val and Gwen are cousins and best friends. Val has her own PR firm and Gwen is about to run for mayor. Although they both know what can happen when you work with family, Val decides to represent her cousin’s campaign although she knows it can shake her steady business. However, her decision enrages the current mayor and he’s not about to take this sitting down. In the process, the women also meet John, a wealthy businessman and the town’s most eligible bachelor, who takes an interest in one of the women.
Why You Should Read It
Read this book if:
- you’re looking for a simple, clean feel-good story with uncomplicated characters
- you like Harlequin-style romance novels where you know the moment a brooding, male character is introduced that he will be the love interest and that he’ll get the girl
- you’re mad at the results of the recent presidential elections but want an underdog candidate that you can root for
- you want to support a self-published author right in time for the small-business weekend
I gave this book 3.5 out of 5 stars for these reasons:
-.5 star because the book was a little short (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing since it means I wanted more of these characters)
-1 star because I wish there was a little more a climatic end.
Author: Amy Rivers
- I received a free copy of this book from TLC Tours in exchange for an honest review.
- In my package, I received an autographed copy of the book along with a beautiful, handwritten note from the author that just made me feel like I was reading a friend’s story.
- It was a short enough read that I read the entire thing in an afternoon and was able to check off one more book off my list.
Other place you can find reviews of this book: