While there are still lots of books to be read in 2016, it’s also time to start thinking about this awesome reading challenge that starts on January 1st, 2017.
These are the rules for Erin’s Book Challenge 6.0:
- The challenge runs 1/1/2017 to 4/30/17 and requires participants to read 10 books in 4 months for a maximum total of 200 points.
- Each book (or its audiobook equivalent) must be at least 200 pages long.
- Rereads can be used only once.
- Each book can only represent one category. No doubling up.
- Read the books in any order you choose.
- The challenge is run on the Facebook page. Erin creates photo albums for each category based on every participant’s TBR submission. Comment on the photo for each of your books when you finish reading them – include a review, a rating or a recommendation so other readers can hear what you thought of your choice.
The Categories and My TBR
- 5 points: 200+ page freebie: Sisters, One, Two, Three/ Nancy Star
- 10 points: Title starts with the letter “W”: What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours/ Helen Oyeyemi
- 10 points: Six-word title: A Tale for the Time Being/ Ruth Ozeki
- 15 points: Mostly green cover: We Are The Ants/ Shaun David Hutchinson
- 20 points: Homonym in the title: I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings/ Maya Angelou (Homonym – Know/No)
- 20 points: Favorite author: Paris for One/ JoJo Moyes
- 25 points: Set in New York City: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close/ Jonathan Safran Foer
- 30 points: A “Rory Gilmore” book: Everything Is Illuminated/ Jonathan Safran Foer
- 30 points: Genre that you rarely read: Saint Anything/ Sarah Dessen – YA/ Teen Fiction
- 35 points: Time travel: Slaughterhouse Five/ Kurt Vonnegut
There’s still time to sign up for this challenge if you’d like to ring in 2017 with some fellow bookworms. Are you in?