Today, I changed the look of my blog a little. Every now and then, I change the look around these parts; I try to keep it seasonal, and select something that will match my mood a little. I haven’t quite gotten the Christmas spirit yet, I suppose, which is why there aren’t candy canes and mistletoes anywhere on my page BUT I have always and probably will always feel inspired by a water scene so that’s why I chose the picture you’ll see at the top of my site. If you don’t like the new page, don’t worry though, it’s temporary. My account expires by the end of the month and I always change the look when I renew my WordPress account.
After more than a month of silence, I finally recorded and posted a new video on my YouTube channel. Click the pic below to check it out.The video is a little bit of a recap of what I’ve been reading since my last upload and what I’m reading for the rest of the year. I am also editing another video which is a compilation of some vlogs that I recorded during November. I hope to have that on my channel by the end of the week. I had planned to do the VlogMas challenge but clearly that’s not happening this year. Maybe next week, I’ll do the reduced 10 days of Christmas vlog series.
I am thinking about 2017 goals and being excited about a blank slate on January 1st to escape the weight of some of the 2016 goals that I know I don’t have a chance of achieving. I’ve started a draft post and every goal that I know I won’t meet in the remaining 2.5 weeks in this year, gets added to my 2017 list. That makes me feel like I have another chance to get it right.
Right now, I am reading two books:
- The Abundance of Katherines/ John Green which is about a kid who’s obsessed with girls named, you guessed it, Katherine. Updated: I finished this one and rated it 3 stars. Not my favorite John Green novel.
- A Game Plan for Life/ John Wooden, which is a memoir from the famous basketball coach. Updated: I finished this one. Coach was a very inspirational man. 4 star rating.
I also just got my Runners World subscription in the mail and excited that it has the 2017 marathon guide since I’ve decided 2017 is the year I run my first marathon, whether it is the NY race or some other other state.
Other videos I’m checking out on YouTube are about:
- Learning/practicing the piano/violin which I try to do a few times each week – I need to be consistent
- Journaling. So far, I’ve subscribed to:
The thing I’m most excited about having added to my life in the last week or so is creating more doodling and art in general. You remember I just reviewed a book about creating fairy doodles. This skill will come in handy to make my journals even prettier. Some of my most recent doodles below.
And remember I said I haven’t quite gotten the Christmas spirit, I just remembered it’s not true. In fact, Christmas came a little early this year and I’ve been getting some awesome gifts, like:
- a book that one of my friends ordered for me because I put it on my wish list a few months ago
- watches in my 4 favorite colors
What randomness is going on in your world?
Find me on Amazon, YouTube, Bloglovin, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.