This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is the ten books I wouldn’t mind Santa leaving under my tree but I think I’ve shared my book wishlist enough times this year that if I did that again, people would think I’m jonesing for a someone to buy me something soooo, I’ll do 10 books I’d give as gifts instead. Some of them are gag gifts designed only for a laugh, others are based on running conversations I have with some of the people in my life.
- Someone gave me a copy of this book for a gift once and I’d like to pass the joke on. Spoiler Alert: all the pages are blank.
- Born To Run is for a friend who always tells me that she would go running with me but her body wasn’t designed for that. I think she’d get a kick out of the title.
- One of my cousins’ cousin who lives with them and is always present at the holiday meals, he’s the most health conscious person you could hope to meet. While everyone else chows down at the all-you can-eat buffet, he piles his plate with green stuff. He’s vegan and doesn’t eat sugar and processed foods and at this past Thanksgiving, while he ate his vegetarian loaf and salads, I teased him that eating a diet with 5 percent or less casein affects your body the same as eating no milk products -I got that info from the China study. So I’d buy him this book from Dr. Colin Campbell just so he could hear it from someone else
- A friend who’s really interested in planes and air travel would love this short book by Richard Branson in which he recounts his tales of how he came to start the Virgin Atlantic airline, about his adventures in hot air balloons, and his spirit of adventure in general. Also, he’s not a fast reader so I think he would get a kick out of the “Quick Reads” stamped on the front of the book.
- Marlon James’ novel, A Brief History of Seven Killings would be another great gag gift for my friend who love crime stories and murder mysteries but only if they’re short reads. This “brief history” is actually 688 pages long and I know it would take him an entire year to read it but I think it would make him laugh to open this gift.
- A little girl I tutor who says she hates math but likes being a leader in her social groups would probably be inspired by Margot Shetterly’s Hidden Figures about the black female mathematicians who helped pioneered the space mission.
- An architect friend who is obsessed with odd shaped structures would probably enjoy this title: Round Buildings, Square Buildings and Buildings that Wiggle Like A Fish
- I have a friend who is always late for everything. If you tell her the event is at 2:00, she might show up at 3:00 and say she was just giving you time to settle in and do what you had to do. Thank You For Being Late is the perfect title for her.
- For one of my Instagram friends and Bernie Sanders’ supporter who plans to become a billionaire and often posts about what he would use the money to do, this title would probably make him smile.
- My friend who watches every episode of Steve Harvey’s talk show, she would like his new book, Jump.
- For everyone else, I’d give a copy of my book, It’s Complicated because what would a book list be if I didn’t include my own book.
Note: This post includes Affiliate links so if I inspired you to check out any of these books, clicking on my link and making a purchase on Amazon will help me to make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks.
What books would you give for (gag) gifts this Christmas?Find me on Amazon, YouTube, Bloglovin, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.