New Releases

2016 releases I wanted to and didn’t read last year

1. What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours/ Helen OyeyemiI have this one from the library now and plan to read it soon.
  2. Homegoing / Yaa Gyasi I just need to pick this one up and start. I’ve heard it’s incredibly engaging
  3. The Underground Railroad / Colson Whitehead I didn’t buy this last year because I wanted to go to a book signing and buy the book there. It didn’t happen so I guess it’s time to just buy a copy and read it.
  4. Hamilton: The Revolution / Lin-Manuel Miranda I have no reason except I didn’t  do it yet.
  5. Paris For One / JoJo Moyes. I picked up this short story collection from my library right after it was released last October but I didn’t have time to read it and had to return it. I just got it back and read it a few days ago. Win!
  6. Shylock Is My Name / Howard Jacobson I wanted to read the Merchant of Venice retelling in 2016 and didn’t get around to it – it was just too long to read at the end of the year when I was fishing around for small books to finish my challenge. That being said, I made it one of my first reads in 2016 so that’s a win too.

And that was the focus of this week’s TTT question so I wanted to answer it.Top Ten Tuesday

That being said though, there are some new releases in 2017 that I am looking forward to. When I really enjoy a book, I want to read everything the author has published so I am always on the lookout for new books by these people and these are some that are scheduled for 2017 and beyond that maybe I can get my hands on for early release etc., later this year.

Because You Love To Hate Me is a short story collection edited by Ameriie, yes, the singer, and now BookTuber. I follow her channel and she makes great videos. Let’s see how she is in the author world. Because You Love To Hate Me

The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Samson, author of The Rosie Project has a new book coming later this year, although I think it’s already been released in his native Australia. Oh, for the first time ever I sort of wish I lived Down Under. The Best Of Adam Sharp

Meet Cute is a YA short story anthology that will feature stories from one of my new favs, Nicola Yoon, author of Everything, Everything.

Anything Is Possible / Elizabeth Strout. I read her connected Olive Kitteridge stories and would love to see how she does with a novel. This one is expected later this year. Anything is possible

Do you follow authors? What 2017 release are you most anticipating?

Bonus points if you say you’re most looking forward to reading my next book

Click to see other Top Ten Tuesday posts here.

1. Paul Goddard says:

Yes, I do follow an author. I follow the author of “It’s Complicated”. I’m looking forward to your next book. Hopefully it will be released this year.

Haha. Thanks so much, Paul. I hope you will enjoy my next books

1. Paul Goddard says:

I’m sure I will.

2. I really, really want to read Homegoing, but I don’t have the budget to buy new books right now and there are 18 reserves for that book in my library! Maybe I should just put my name down, wait for it to be available, haha.

I’m a huge fan of The Rosie Project and I’m keen to read Adam Sharp too. It’s actually been released in Australia, I just kind of forgot about it until now. 🤔

3. This summer I starting working part time in a small, independent bookstore downtown which had led me to read more new releases then I ever have before, and also caused my TBR pile to grow wildly out of control. Underground Railroad made my list, but Homegoing should have too, since it’s on my shelves as well.

Oh my, imagine working in a bookstore. That sounds like the perfect job! 😀 getting to meet fellow bookworms all day. Do you get to read during slow periods?

4. I’ve heard great things about Paris for One! Looks like a great reading list!
    I actually just picked up a book at the library I’ve been waiting for my turn on the holds list, Heartless by Marissa Meyer, I don’t know if you read or liked the Cinder series she created, but she does so well with fairytales I can’t wait to crack open this one! The only problem is now I need to find time to read it before I have to take it back, LOL

I didn’t plan to read Heartless but I’ve heard so many BookTubers talking about it recently that it is sinking into my subconscious. The power of word of mouth advertising. haha. Okay. I’m going to request it from my library. You’ve pushed me over the limit so now you’ve convinced me.
      How long do you get to keep a book from your library? Can you renew an item if you don’t get to it by then?

1. In the smaller town I am in now they only give me two weeks. But larger libraries are usually 3 weeks.
        You can renew items no one else has on hold. Unfortunately since Heartless is so popular I can’t renew otherwise I’d have to wait another month or two for it. If I don’t finish then 10 cents a day late isn’t too bad to keep it a little longer lol

lol at small library fines. In NYC it’s 25 cents per day but it’s worth it to pay a little bit to get extra time to read a book other than wait for another opportunity later. It’s also much cheaper than having to buy all the books you want to read 😀

5. Paris for One has been insanely popular at my library!

I am not surprised. She is one of my fav writers and I know I am not alone in the fandom. When I went to her book signing a few months ago, there were people lined up for hours to buy her book.

6. Annemieke says:

Oh I haven’t heard of any of these (except the Hamilton one). I hope you get to them soon.