2017 Goals

This post has been 10 days coming but it takes me a while to center on what I want to work on all year and what I want to accomplish at the end of the year. I don’t really work on goal preparation while I’m still within the previous time frame – so I wouldn’t set my 2017 goals while 2016 was still going on – because I want to use every iota of time in 2016 to achieve the things I had set for that year. At the start of 2017, there was definitely some time taken off to celebrate success and just regroup before I can hit the ground running again. But it’s more than enough time now to lace up the track shoes and pick up the pace for the next 355 days. Time to start on the things I am listing below.

Last year, I worked on my resolutions and incorporated them so they would be part of my life. While I was successful in building some good habits, I didn’t accomplish a lot of the benchmarks that I had set for myself. This year, I revised some of my unmet goals, made them a little more realistic and so a little more achievable and refined my resolutions to exclude the things that became habits last year so that I can move to the next level. This year, my big goals are focused on getting more of my writing published, training for and running the NYC marathon (I really want to do it this year) and doing some of the local travel that I’ve been thinking of but not doing for so long. 2017 Goals and Resolutions

2017 Goals

Running/ Health and Fitness

• Run NYC marathon 11/17
  • Run 500 miles by 12/17
  • Bike 1000 miles by 12/17
  • Do the Daniel’s Diet once per quarter
  • Reduce my weight to 150 lbs and maintain it until the end of year.

Financial

• Complete the 52 week Savings Plan
  • Be debt free by 12/17
  • Buy a car by 7/17

Personal Development

• Read 102 books including 40 Non Fiction
  • Host Book club on my BookTube channel
  • Read 10 Pulitzer Prize winning books
  • Complete all reading challenges I’ve joined
  • Participate in at least one networking event each month
  • Attend a writing retreat
  • Complete Pathfinder Guide class by 6/17
  • Prepare all Pathfinders to master their respective classes by 6/17
  • Become fluent in French by 12/17

Writing

• Write 3 books in 2017
  • Publish 3 books in 2017 – January, June and September 2017
  • Get a book on the NY Times Bestseller list
  • Acquire a writing agent and publisher
  • Participate in NaNoWriMo

Travel

Book Fairs I Want To Attend in 2017

Other trips I want to take in 2017

2017 Resolutions

1. Start everyday with devotion and intentional living reminders
  2. Get high-intensity workout for at least 20 minutes everyday
  3. Eat healthy – focus on portion control and whole foods, mostly plant-based diet
  4. Write everyday
  5. Daily practice  of French and music skills (either piano  or violin)
  6. Create daily to-do list and accomplish at least 80 percent of tasks daily
  7. Create something everyday – write, draw, compose music, craft, videos
  8. Produce good content for my channels
  9. Stay engaged on social media
  10. Stay connected with my family and friends
  11. Have an adventure every day

What are your 2017 goals and/or resolutions?

(Bloggers, if you wrote a post with your 2017 goals, please leave a link so I can check it out too. If you’re not a blogger, please share what you’re working towards achieving this year)

Thinking Out Loud, Thursday ThoughtsStuff and Things

Find me on AmazonYouTube, InstagramPinterest and Twitter.

1. Paul Goddard says:

Your goals are well thought out and judging form your accomplishments in 2016 I’m sure you will accomplish your goals in 2017. May GOD be with you.

I will share one of my goals for 2017.
    Complete my thesis by 12/17.

That’s a great goal, Paul. What are you plans to accomplish this target date? I’ve found that challenges help keep me on track so I recommend making timelines so you set a number of pages (or words) to write per month.

2. Good luck with your goals. I’m sure you’ll do great! ~Leigh

3. Wow, NYC Marathon! Good luck girl, that’s an admirable goal 🙂

Thanks Pippa. I’ve tried before and never made it to the starting line. Let’s see if 2017 can be the year I “accomplish” this goal 🙂

4. So excited for you and the NYC Marathon, that one is and always will be one of my top 5 favorites to do. It’s a great experience and one that I haven’t found in any other race in the country, you’ll love it!!!
    Love all your goals, you are so ambitious!!!!
    $5k revenue from blogging, that will be awesome! I’d love it if you’d share some of your ideas and what your doing to aquire that or build up to it, I love posts like that since blogging is something I do for income as well!
    Also, if you find the secret to building IG followers, please do share! I know it’s different for everyone, but that is one of my most influential and favorite platforms but also my slowest growing and it’s one I really hope to work on this year as well! If I come up with different tactics I use that work, I’ll definitely share them with ya to!
    Good luck with this year!!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement, Kristy. I don’t know how I’ll accomplish all these goals yet but here’s hoping that will be revealed as I start the journey. And of course, as I figure it out, I’ll share whatever I learn. The only tool I know to grow the following is to share consistently good, relevant content and engage with followers. I do genuinely enjoy the interaction so I hope that comes through and that people will want to keep interacting with me too 🙂

5. pondernwonder says:

Wow! Those are some really well thought out and lofty goals. NYC Marathon – that’s so exciting!! 104 books!! I don’t know how you do it. I was inspired by your success in 2016 with reading almost 50 novels (hope I got that number right?). I always love reading people’s goals and priorities. It makes me aspire to be a better ‘me’ and gives hope too!! Good going. Can’t wait to see your progress as well as your name on the NY Times best seller list. Good luck!!

Thanks so much. In 2016 I read 100 books – 65 novels and 35 Non Fiction. I participate in a lot of challenges to help push me and I choose books that I am truly interested in reading. I think that’s the key.
      All the best with you 2017 goals too.

6. To echo what Kristy said above. Would love to see you share how you’re growing your blog & Instagram & using it to make money. I really enjoy Instagram – but that does seem to be slow growth for me. Which is obviously a bummer. My blogging goals are set to go up next week, but I’ve already posted my personal & fitness goals. One of my big blogging goals is to reach out to 3 brands during the year about collaboration. While I would love for all of them to sign on & work with me I want to focus on perfecting my outreach technique, which is something I can control.

7. Julie (IG:terraveda808) says:

Truly admirable and inspiring. I will be here applauding you every step of the way. I haven’t nailed down my goals but publishing a book is definitely on the list. Maybe one day, I join you to run NYC together.

8. Setting end dates or target dates is a great strategy!

9. I am impressed by the clarity of your goals — knowing exactly what you want and when you want it. Also how well rounded they are…you’ve got something in there for all areas of life.

10. Nice! You’ve inspired to blog about my goals…. I’m sure you’ll make your target for each your goals. Good work!

Thanks so much, Tiffany. I’d love to read your goals too. Let’s keep encouraging each other.