January 2017 Goal Check-In

In 2017, I have a lot of goals and targets I want to meet and I don’t want to be surprised at the end of the year. At the end of every month, I want to do a small check-in so I can see how I am progressing and what areas I need to work harder in as I move forward. January 2017 Progress Report

Goals

Running/ Health and Fitness

• Run NYC marathon 11/17 – I didn’t get in on the first lottery but I signed up for the next one. Drawing coming in early March.
  • Run 500 miles by 12/17 – Off to a slow start. I only ran a few times in January.
  • Bike 1000 miles by 12/17 – It’s still too cold for me to go biking.
  • Do the Daniel’s Diet once per quarter – I haven’t done it yet but I’ve been focusing on plant-strong meals
  • Reduce my weight to 150 lbs and maintain it until the end of year – No progress yet.

Overall assessment of fitness goals is that I need to be more focused on my goal. In February, I am challenging myself to running at least every other day. As the weather warms up, I hope it will get easier and I just saw that up in Punxsutawney, Phil the groundhog saw his shadow perfectly, so that’s a good sign, or is it? I never know what they’re saying at that event.

Financial

• Complete the 52 week Savings Plan – I completed week 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
  • Be debt free by 12/17
  • Buy a car by 7/17
  • Pay all current bills on time

Having started the savings plan and doing it consistently is very encouraging. Those 5 checkmarks on my little tracker motivate me to keep doing it and I know what I want to do with the money I save so that’s something to look forward to.

Personal Development

• Read 102 books including 40 Non Fiction – 9 books completed in January, including 1 Non Fiction
  • Host Book club on my BookTube channel – yes
  • Read 10 Pulitzer Prize winning books – none yet
  • Complete all reading challenges I’ve joined – I finished the Winter Reading challenge in January
  • Participate in at least one networking event each month –  I didn’t do this In January
  • Attend a writing retreat – None identified yet
  • Complete Pathfinder Guide class by 6/17 – In progress
  • Prepare all Pathfinders to master their respective classes by 6/17 – Working towards this
  • Become fluent in French by 12/17 – I have been practicing everyday

I’ve been working on my personal growth every day but not as aggressively as I could have done in January. I need to put out a little more effort in this regard.

Writing

• Write 3 books in 2017 – No accomplishments here yet
  • Publish 3 books in 2017 – January, June and September 2017 – I completely missed this first deadline
  • Get a book on the NY Times Bestseller list – No progress
  • Acquire a writing agent and publisher – No progress
  • Participate in NaNoWriMo in November – No progress

In January, my writing wasn’t as focused as I would have liked but I will do better in the upcoming months.

Spiritual

• Complete Bible Bowl reading by February – didn’t start
  • Participate in Bible Bowl – no progress yet
  • Complete Elders certification – no progress yet

In January, I wasn’t as focused on my spiritual goals as I could have been. Need to more focused.

Blog and Social Media

• Make $5K from my blog- not much progress here yet
  • 3K blog followers – 23 new subscribers in January
  • 7K IG followers – following up by about 40
  • 2K Twitter followers – following up by 25
  • 2K YouTube subscribers – 15 new subscribers in January

The growth hasn’t been as rapid as I would have liked but I’ve done my part. The rest, dear reader, is up to you 🙂

Travel

Book Fairs I Want To Attend in 2017

Other trips I want to take in 2017

January Travel Updates

• Traveled to CT for weekend conference January 13-15
  • Day trip to MD on January 16
  • States visited – CT, NJ, MD

Resolutions

I haven’t been as consistent as I need to be with my 2017 resolutions but I list them here again so I can keep them in front of me and remind myself of what I should be doing daily to reach my goals.

1. Start everyday with devotion and intentional living reminders
  2. Get high-intensity workout for at least 20 minutes everyday
  3. Eat healthy – focus on portion control and whole foods, mostly plant-based diet
  4. Write everyday
  5. Daily practice  of French and music skills (either piano  or violin)
  6. Create daily to-do list and accomplish at least 80 percent of tasks daily
  7. Create something everyday – write, draw, compose music, craft, videos
  8. Produce good content for my channels
  9. Stay engaged on social media
  10. Stay connected with my family and friends
  11. Have an adventure every day

How are you progressing with your 2017 goals and/or resolutions?

Bloggers: Please leave a link to your check in posts.

Thinking Out Loud, Thursday ThoughtsStuff and  Things, Fitful Focus

Find me on AmazonYouTube, InstagramPinterest and Twitter.

1. Paul Goddard says:

You are doing a great job. Keep working!

Thanks so much Paul

2. Sometimes I start slower in January than I’d like. But I get there! You will too!

I should look into local book fairs.

Thanks for the encouragement. Book fairs are the best. I hope you find some good ones to attend too. Feel free to come along with me to the ones I’m attending 😀

3. You have a lot going on in 2017 already – love all the travel you already have planned!

Good luck on that NYC marathon lottery – I was always kind of surprised being an NYC resident didn’t make it easier to get in…

Thanks Jessie. I think they figure being a New Yorker, you can just run most of the route anytime you want to 😀 but it’s so highly requested that I do understand the reason for not making any special categories for New Yorkers. It wouldn’t leave room for any other runners.

4. Wowsers lots of goals and you are doing them well!!

Keep up the good work.

I like how you have challenged yourself for February!

Isn’t the 52 week savings plan the best!

I hope I get to be one of the friends you visit in March 😉

Woohoo for the savings plan. Are you doing it this year? Do you put it in the bank or keep the cash lying around?
      And yes, 2017 is our year to meet IRL

1. I actually have it deposited to my girlfriends acct. so I can’t touch it. And when I need to , I have to write a very good dissertation as to why I need it…lol.

Lol. I love that plan. Sounds like the West Indian “partner” or “soosoo” idea.

3. I guess you are right. Never thought of it that way. Lol.

5. Good that you’re checking in. I think a lot of people fall off their resolutions by about this time so you’re ahead of the game!
    Re: the lottery for the marathon –> those lotteries are tough! I play the Hamilton lottery pretty much every day…nothing!

Lol! Elysha you’re funny. Thanks so much for the early morning chuckle. I hope you have a great day

6. Fingers crossed for you and the NYC Marathon, it’s such a great race they just have to let you in so you can experience it!!!
    9 books in January, great job! I only read 1, but with everything else I have going on I consider that a success lol!

Haha. Yes. You have a much busier schedule than I do. There were times when I was in college that I probably read 1 book a semester or even less than that. There wasn’t often time or energy left over after studying. I am constantly impressed by you.

7. pondernwonder says:

You’re doing a great job with all your goals. I am doing great at some, okay with some and terrible with some. Haha! Fingers crossed that you get into NYC! I’ve heard great things about it.

Thanks. All the best to you with your goals also. I think it’s normal to be doing better with some than with others. Just keep doing regular checks so you know where you need to focus a little more attention.

1. pondernwonder says:

Thanks for the motivation. That’s the plan for Feb 🙂

8. this is such a good idea, keeps you accountable!

9. Lauren Becker says:

Overall, it seems like you’re doing a good job! It’s nice to look back every month and see what you need to work on and what you are already doing really well with.

-lauren

Thanks for the encouragement, Lauren.

10. Wow! You have a lot of great goals! Reflecting back is always a great way to move forward. keep it up!