In 2017, I have a lot of goals and targets I want to meet and I don’t want to be surprised at the end of the year. At the end of every month, I want to do a small check-in so I can see how I am progressing and what areas I need to work harder in as I move forward.
Running/ Health and Fitness
- Run NYC marathon 11/17 – I didn’t get in on the first lottery but I signed up for the next one. Drawing coming in early March.
- Run 500 miles by 12/17 – Off to a slow start. I only ran a few times in January.
- Bike 1000 miles by 12/17 – It’s still too cold for me to go biking.
- Do the Daniel’s Diet once per quarter – I haven’t done it yet but I’ve been focusing on plant-strong meals
- Reduce my weight to 150 lbs and maintain it until the end of year – No progress yet.
Overall assessment of fitness goals is that I need to be more focused on my goal. In February, I am challenging myself to running at least every other day. As the weather warms up, I hope it will get easier and I just saw that up in Punxsutawney, Phil the groundhog saw his shadow perfectly, so that’s a good sign, or is it? I never know what they’re saying at that event.
- Complete the 52 week Savings Plan – I completed week 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Be debt free by 12/17
- Buy a car by 7/17
- Pay all current bills on time
Having started the savings plan and doing it consistently is very encouraging. Those 5 checkmarks on my little tracker motivate me to keep doing it and I know what I want to do with the money I save so that’s something to look forward to.
- Read 102 books including 40 Non Fiction – 9 books completed in January, including 1 Non Fiction
- Host Book club on my BookTube channel – yes
- Read 10 Pulitzer Prize winning books – none yet
- Complete all reading challenges I’ve joined – I finished the Winter Reading challenge in January
- Participate in at least one networking event each month – I didn’t do this In January
- Attend a writing retreat – None identified yet
- Complete Pathfinder Guide class by 6/17 – In progress
- Prepare all Pathfinders to master their respective classes by 6/17 – Working towards this
- Become fluent in French by 12/17 – I have been practicing everyday
I’ve been working on my personal growth every day but not as aggressively as I could have done in January. I need to put out a little more effort in this regard.
- Write 3 books in 2017 – No accomplishments here yet
- Publish 3 books in 2017 – January, June and September 2017 – I completely missed this first deadline
- Get a book on the NY Times Bestseller list – No progress
- Acquire a writing agent and publisher – No progress
- Participate in NaNoWriMo in November – No progress
In January, my writing wasn’t as focused as I would have liked but I will do better in the upcoming months.
- Complete Bible Bowl reading by February – didn’t start
- Participate in Bible Bowl – no progress yet
- Complete Elders certification – no progress yet
In January, I wasn’t as focused on my spiritual goals as I could have been. Need to more focused.
Blog and Social Media
- Make $5K from my blog- not much progress here yet
- 3K blog followers – 23 new subscribers in January
- 7K IG followers – following up by about 40
- 2K Twitter followers – following up by 25
- 2K YouTube subscribers – 15 new subscribers in January
The growth hasn’t been as rapid as I would have liked but I’ve done my part. The rest, dear reader, is up to you 🙂
Book Fairs I Want To Attend in 2017
- New York Antiquarian Book Fair – March 9 -12
- New York Book Expo – May 31 – June 2
- Book Con June 3
- Brooklyn Book Fair – September 8 – 10
- Texas Book Fair – November 4 & 5
- Boston Book Fair – November 10 – 12
Other trips I want to take in 2017
- Visit the bookstore in Plainville, MA that I talked about here
- Blog Fest in Las Vegas July 20 – 23 – I applied for Blog Fest. Waiting now to see if I’m accepted.
- Essence Fest in New Orleans, LA – June 30 – July 2
- Visit friends in DC in March
- Backpacking trip – August
- “Winter” camping in November
- Jamaica to spend happy time with my family at Christmas 2017
January Travel Updates
- Traveled to CT for weekend conference January 13-15
- Day trip to MD on January 16
- States visited – CT, NJ, MD
I haven’t been as consistent as I need to be with my 2017 resolutions but I list them here again so I can keep them in front of me and remind myself of what I should be doing daily to reach my goals.
- Start everyday with devotion and intentional living reminders
- Get high-intensity workout for at least 20 minutes everyday
- Eat healthy – focus on portion control and whole foods, mostly plant-based diet
- Write everyday
- Daily practice of French and music skills (either piano or violin)
- Create daily to-do list and accomplish at least 80 percent of tasks daily
- Create something everyday – write, draw, compose music, craft, videos
- Produce good content for my channels
- Stay engaged on social media
- Stay connected with my family and friends
- Have an adventure every day
How are you progressing with your 2017 goals and/or resolutions?
Bloggers: Please leave a link to your check in posts.