What do you do when

What do you do when

… you’re being the person you don’t want to be.

… you hear yourself saying something you didn’t plan to but it’s too late. You can’t stop yourself.

… there’s a frown on your face that you have no idea how to remove.

… when something is vexing your spirit and you just don’t know why it bothers you so much. You wish you could smile the frown away but your lips feel like they’ve been frozen.

… when someone needs help but you feel like you don’t know how to help them or even if you would want to do it if you knew how.

… when a kid needs reassurance more than a reprimand but the latter comes out your mouth the fastest.

…when someone got on your last nerve even though you didn’t think you had any more places that they could irritate you.

…when you want to say I love you but instead, you say something like, You’re wrong or I can’t stand you or, Why do you always…? or I hate you.

…when the thing you want is right within reach and all you have to do is get up and get it but you’ve forgotten how to stand up.

What do you do then?What Do You Do

Find me on Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter

LinkUp: Thinking Out Loud, Thursday ThoughtsStuff and Things, The Diary of a Real HousewifeSeptember FarmMeet @ The Barre, April,  Fitness FridayFitFulFocus, Follow Friday

1. utopiastateofmind says:

Wow. These are all excellent questions that I think we all struggle with. Sometimes we get into a pattern and it’s hard to break out of it. I find myself in that sometimes and it’s so difficult to break free and stop those words on the tip of my tongue.

2. Definitely things to think about. I’m sure we’ve all been in a position to ask ourselves these questions from time to time. I think the important thing is not to beat ourselves up, learn from our mistakes and move on.

Absolutely, Lisa. It’s tempting to beat ourselves up in that process but evaluation should be uplifting – see what needs to change so we can do better moving forward.
      I hope you have a great week ahead.

3. Lauren Becker says:

Wonderful post. It’s often hard to know what to say or do in certain situations, especially when a quick reaction is needed. We’re all growing and learning.

-Lauren

Thanks, Lauren. Self love is so important as it is the basis for all other relationships.

4. RO says:

Posts like these are so wonderful because they make us take a look under the engine so we can make needed adjustments. Hugs…

Thanks, RO. Hugs to you too.