February Goals, March Intentions

At the beginning of the year, I made a LONG list of goals I am pursuing in 2017. Read on if you want to see how I’m doing at my end-of-month checkup and what I’m doing differently in March to try to catch up. Goal Check In

Running/ Health and Fitness

• Run NYC marathon 11/17 – I still didn’t get accepted in the March drawing so I’ll be trying to get it on a fundraising entry. I just have to decide which charity offers the best support and sign up.
  • Run 500 miles by 12/17 – Very little progress
  • Bike 1000 miles by 12/17    – No progress
  • Do the Daniel’s Diet once per quarter – Not yet
  • Reduce my weight to 150 lbs and maintain it until the end of year – No real progress here

March Intention: Go to the gym or run or do 20 min cardio workout at home every day this month

Financial

• Complete the 52 week Savings Plan – Completed up to week 8

March Intention: Complete week 9 to 12 of the savings plan

Personal Development

• Read 102 books including 40 Non Fiction: Year to date, I’ve read 18/102 books including 1 NF
  • Host Book club on my BookTube channel: 20 Seventeen Book club in progress
  • Read 10 Pulitzer Prize winning books: Year to date – 0/10
  • Complete all reading challenges I’ve joined – First challenge still in progress
  • Participate in at least one networking event each month – No progress
  • Attend a writing retreat – Not yet
  • Complete Pathfinder Guide class by 6/17 – Working towards this
  • Prepare all Pathfinders to master their respective classes by 6/17 – Progressing nicely
  • Become fluent in French by 12/17 – So far, this has been a bust

March Intention: Read at least 10 books, including 4 Non Fiction, business titles.

Writing –  I am behind on all my writing goals

March Intention: Write a story everyday, even if  it’s short or weird or strange and not funny at all.

Spiritual

• Complete Bible Bowl reading by February – We are no longer participating this year but I’d still like to do some of the challenges
  • Complete Elders certification – Working on it

March Intention: Read 3 books of the Bible

Blog and Social Media

• Make $5K from my blog – I WISH! but no, no progress yet
  • 3K blog followers – current 700
  • 7K IG followers – current 1450
  • 2K Twitter followers – current 1050
  • 2K YouTube subscribers – current 287

March Intention: Post blog or video every day this month.

Travel

In February, I had a couple of day trips to New Jersey. Does that count? Otherwise, no progress last month.

March Intention: Visit MA

2017 Resolutions

1. Start everyday with devotion and intentional living reminders – Check
  2. Get high-intensity workout for at least 20 minutes everyday – Most days, check
  3. Eat healthy – focus on portion control and on eating a whole foods, plant-strong diet – Kinda check
  4. Write everyday – I haven’t been consistent
  5. Daily practice of French and music skills (either piano  or violin) – Epic fail
  6. Create daily to-do list and accomplish at least 80 percent of tasks daily – Sometimes
  7. Create something everyday – write, draw, compose music, craft, videos – Check
  8. Produce good content for my channels – Check. At least, I think so.
  9. Stay engaged on social media – Check
  10. Stay connected with my family and friends – Check
  11. Have an adventure every day – I need to reaffirm this intention. It could use some work

What were your 2017 goals and/or resolutions? How are you progressing with them?

Find me on Amazon, YouTubeBloglovin, InstagramPinterest and Twitter.

Link up: Goal RecapB Loved BostonWeekly GoalsWeekly WrapsMonday Gratitude

1. utopiastateofmind says:

It is so fantastic that you keep us all up to date! You have so many ambitious goals I could only dream of!!

Awww thanks. I am just working at them one day at a time

2. Jessie @ The Acquired Sass says:

I’m planning to do a bigger check in at the end of March for my yearlong goals. But I am doing well.

I hope you can find a great cause to support that will let you run NYC as well! What an incredible experience that will be!

Thanks so much, Jessie. Yes, I am looking forward to being able to do it. The next few months of preparation will be key 🙂

3. Paul says:

I appreciate you honesty, it makes me feel unjudged knowing that I’ve fallen behind on some goals. The key is to keep going. Thank you you for being a good example of perseverance.

I think we all have failures and setbacks. Some people don’t share those experiences but it is such an important part of the story how we deal with those failings and triumph over them so I try to keep it real on here 😀

4. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

I like the way that you’ve listed out all of your various goals and how you’ve fared thus far. Even though there are still some yet to be completed, it’s great to keep yourself accountable! I am hoping to read more books this year and just remembered that I have a book club meeting coming up and I haven’t started reading yet, lol!

Lol thanks for the encouragement, Janelle. This monthly check in does help to keep the goals from and center in my mind.
      What book is your book club reading?

5. READ 102 BOOKS!?? That’s amazing..also, il ne faut pas quitter ton rêve français!

Thanks so much. It’s really not that hard to read 102 if you read consistently and average 2 books per week. I hope I can do it. And thanks for the encouragement. I will never give up trying to be fluent in French. One of these days, I’d love to visit France and be able to enjoy the country and talk with all the people I meet 🙂

6. HoHo Runs says:

I tried to get into the NYC marathon as well but was not selected. I didn’t really set any goals for this year. I’m going to see what opportunities open up for me. I admire you for laying it all out there…both your successes and areas needing improvement. I would like to travel more this year and read more too. Thanks for linking on the Weekly Wrap, Karen!

7. Half of the battle in finding out where to go and accomplishing goals are looking back and actually seeing what we are getting done and figuring out why we are failing on the others. I think with posts like this you are well on your way to success.
    It’s difficult to truly examine yourself and list out your failures but we all struggle in something and how you get over that helps all of us as well.
    Hang in there Karen and keep putting one foot in front of the other!

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Tricia. How are you progressing with your 2017 intentions?

1. I’m hitting more than missing so I’ll call it on track 🙂

8. 102 books is an AMAZING goal! I’m in need of some new books to read.

If you want some recommendations, you can check out my YouTube channel. I chat books over there and so far this year, I’ve read some good ones. https://youtu.be/fviZdafH0EA

9. Hope you are staying on track. That is a lot to knock out, but I am sure you will do it. Too many average people in the world and no need for anymore 🙂 Keep pushing hard!

Haha. I like that and yes you’re right… the game doesn’t need any more average players.
      Thanks for the encouragement