Spring Forward With These Non Fiction Reads

Now that those of us in the northeast have endured the spring-forward time change as well as a blizzard that seemed to have come out of nowhere, it is time to start burrowing out of winter hibernation and thinking instead about how to make a better place in the world that is opening back up to receive us. Time to start thinking about being active and being social, all while building or maintaining various business responsibilities. Below are a few of the Non Fiction reads I want to read in the upcoming weeks and books you might want to check out too if you’re interested in this kind of reading – business-type, inspirational, self help books.

1. #GIRLBOSS/Sophia Amoruso
  2. Shut Up and Run /Robin Arizona
  3. The Art of Social Media /Guy Kawasaki
  4. Tools of Titans /Tim Ferris
  5. The Go-Giver /Bob Burg & John David Mann
  6. Scratch: Writers, Money, and the Art of Making a Living
  7. The Obstacle Is the Way /Ryan Holiday

Do you have any other great Non Fiction recommendations that you want to share?

Top Ten Tuesday

Affiliate links included – if you make a purchase from clicking these links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks.

1. I’m not much of a non-fiction reader, but I do want throw Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools out there if you haven’t already read it.

That’s quite the intriguing title. There is a lot of focus on the effect on boys but I haven’t read anything that highlights the impact on our young women. Thanks so much for the recommendation. I’m adding it to my list now.

2. wow I’ll have to check these out! I normally read memoirs when it comes to nonfiction

#GIRLBOSS is a memoir so it’s not a huge departure from your usual style but some of the others also include lots of personal stories but focused on a particular theme. I’ve flipped through Shut Up and Run before and it’s a thrilling read – a career woman who endures a dramatic experience and deals with the psychological stuff by starting to run.

3. That’s a good collection. Got to check them out. I’m a total non-fiction reader. I’m currently reading ‘The Seat of the Soul’ by Gary Zukav. Pretty old book. But chanced upon it recently. Apparently it changed Oprah’s life. My other favorite books are ‘The Monk who sold his Ferrari’ by Robin Sharma and ‘Who Moved my Cheese’. Also love Mitch Albom’s Tuesday with Morrie.

4. curlygeek04 says:

Nice to see a nonfiction list! I really want to read Born a Crime and In the Country We Love. I’ve also committed to reading Strangers in Their Own Land for a book group.

5. I got a lot out of Tools of Titans and Obstacle is the Way.

Great list too, I’ll have to check the others out.

6. BermudaOnion says:

I love good non-fiction so will have to look through these titles.

Thanks so much for the comment. I hope you find one you’re interested in and I’d love to hear which one.

7. Sarah's Book Shelves says:

I remember hearing about Scratch on a podcast and being really intrigued! That sounds like it could be a good audiobook listen for me…which is how I like to consume most of my lighter nonfiction.

Cool. What podcast? If you can remember, I wouldn’t mind checking that out too.