I get a lot of the books I read from the library but in the past few months, I’ve been buying a lot more books than I did before. Blame it on the fact that I started publishing my own stories and want to support other authors too. Blame it on the fact that I started a YouTube channel to discuss books and want to have my own material for my videos. Blame it on the fact that I have a new bookshelf and just want to fill it up with some of my favorite titles.
So yes, I found a new group hosted by Book Date (I am not calling it a challenge, even though the title says it is indeed a challenge). This one is to keep me accountable so I am not just buying pretty covers as props but actually reading the books I buy.
Read Your Books Challenge
- This is a challenge to read the books you buy so you have to buy books to participate.
- Since you don’t know how many books you will buy throughout the year so just choose one of the percentages below and go for it. Update your post as you buy more books and as you read the ones listed.
- Non-bloggers can use Goodreads and set up a Bought In 2017 shelf to keep track
- Include ebook, print book or audiobook
- Include new books, used books, items bought in a book fair, etc.
- Runs from 1st January to 31st of December 2017 – I am using books bought between December 1, 2016 and December 31, 2017
- I am also including books I receive as gifts – just not books I got for reviews.
- 00 – 20% Money Sitting on the Shelf
- 21 – 40% Making Inroads
- 41 – 60 % Moderately Successful
- 61 – 80 % Maximizing Returns
- 81 – 100% Mission Accomplished
How you get paid
Books Bought So Far
- A People’s History of the United States /Howard Zinn
- American Slavery
- The 80/20 Principle
- Travels With Epicurus
- The Book Thief /Markus Zusak
- The Time Travelers Wife /Audrey Neffenegger
- Reading Lolita In Tehran / Azar Nafisi
- The Goldfinch /Donna Tartt
- Ghana Must Go /Taiye Selasi
- The Corpse Exhibition And Other Stories Of Iraq /Hassan Blasin
- Purple Cow /Seth Godin (NF)
- The Da Vinci Code /Dan Brown
- Little Bee /Chris Cleave
- Then We Came To The End /Joshua Ferris
- The Good Luck of Right Now /Matthew Quick
- The Bees /Laline Paul
- We Need New Names /NoViolet Bulawayo
- Us /David Nicholls
- The Husband’s Secret /Liane Moriarty
- A Visit From The Goon Squad /Jennifer Egan
- Bird By Bird /Anne Lamont
- The Dinner /Herman Koch
- The Vegetarian /Han Kang
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close /Jonathan Safran Foer
- Anna And The French Kiss /Stephanie Perkins
- The Luminaries /Elizabeth Catton
Is this a challenge you would participate in? How long after you buy a book do you read it?
Find me on Amazon, YouTube, Tumblr, Bloglovin, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter