Thoughts On Today

I am starting to have regrets. Things I wish I had done before now. Like a few of those “I-want-to-do-this-before-I-turn-30” goals that never got met. Some of those things I had planned to do in my earlier years that I just forgot were important. People I wanted to get to know better who’ve died. Opportunities I wish I had taken that are no longer available to me. No matter that I couldn’t have, no matter that there were a million reasons I couldn’t, I regret not having found a way.

Regret is a straight road that leads nowhere. It offers an unobstructed view of nothing you should focus on. With every step, you can look back and sniff the exhaust of yesterday’s refuse instead of move forward into new air. At every point on that journey, you can twist your hands in sorrow for the things they can no longer do or start using them to fashion the things they can. At every weigh station, you can stop, examine your burden and pick it back up or you can leave it there as unclaimed baggage. Regret happens when you frown about what didn’t happen instead of smile about what did. A moment wasted in regret is a moment wasted.

It’s raining this morning. Almost-April showers to wash away the unproductive thoughts and negative tendencies and sail into the future with new resolve. With this last day of the month, I want to do more of the things I say I want to do. Love more. Laugh more. Live more.

May this day be the same for you and when tomorrow comes, may we have no regrets for how we spent today.

Find me on Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter
Linkup – September FarmMeet @ The Barre, April

1. Nicole says:

I agree. Regret just leads to wasted energy you could be using elsewhere. Love your goals for moving forward!

Thanks for the encouraging comment, Nicole. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

1. Nicole says:

I hope you do as well!!! Excited for the “fresh start” that April brings

Yes! My thoughts exactly.

2. This is a great post with thoughts to think on. Time spent on regrets is time wasted. Yesterday is gone, no matter how much we wish we could change some things it is too late. What we have is today. And so, the things we desire to accomplish can become a reality if we stop wasting time looking back, and instead, begin doing today.

3. Paul says:

Thanks. Well said. I needed that.

Thanks for reading.