The first quarter of 2017 is past. In January, I made a LONG list of 2017 goals. Here’s how I’m doing at my quarterly checkup and what I’m doing differently in April to try to catch up.
Running/ Health and Fitness
- Run NYC marathon 11/17 – I still didn’t get accepted in the March drawing so I’ll be trying to get it on a fundraising entry. I just have to decide which charity offers the best support and sign up.
- Run 500 miles by 12/17 – Very little progress
- Bike 1000 miles by 12/17 – No progress
- Do the Daniel’s Diet once per quarter – Not yet
- Reduce my weight to 150 lbs and maintain it until the end of year – No real progress here
- March saw my return to the gym and almost daily workouts. Things are turning around in a good way.
- I ‘d like to do the SHAPE Women’s half-marathon on 4/30/17 but want to get in “shape” before I sign up.
April Intention: Continue to do gym / running / 20 min cardio workout at home every day
- Complete the 52 week Savings Plan – I missed a couple weeks then later made up for it so I’ve completed up to week 12
April Intention: Complete weeks 13 to16 of the savings plan
- Read 102 books including 40 Non Fiction: Year to date, I’ve read 36/102 books including 4 NF. I’m on schedule to meet my overall goal but lagging in Non Fiction reading
- Host Book club on my BookTube channel: 20 Seventeen Book club in progress and schedule posted for our first read-along happening in April.
- Read 10 Pulitzer Prize winning books: Year to date – 0/10
- Complete all reading challenges I’ve joined – All challenges still in progress
- Participate in at least one networking event each month – No progress
- Attend a writing retreat – Not yet
- Complete Pathfinder Guide class by 6/17 – Working towards this
- Prepare all Pathfinders to master their respective classes by 6/17 – Progressing nicely
- Become fluent in French by 12/17 – So far, this has been a bust
April Intention: Read at least 10 books, including 4 Non Fiction, business titles.
Writing – I am still behind on all my writing goals and deadlines
April Intention: Write a story everyday, even if it’s short or weird or strange and not funny at all.
- Complete Bible Bowl reading by February – We are no longer participating but I’d still like to do some of the challenges
- Complete Elders certification – Working on it
April Intention: Read 3 books of the Bible
Blog and Social Media
- Make $5K from my blog – I WISH! but no, no progress yet
- 3K blog followers – current 730
- 7K IG followers – current 1480
- 2K Twitter followers – current 1100
- 2K YouTube subscribers – current 347
- Post blog or video every day this month.
- Participate in blog networking programs
- Invest in updating my website
There has been small intra-state trips but I haven’t yet traveled to the locations I listed.
April Intention: Visit MA
- Start everyday with devotion and intentional living reminders – Check
- Get high-intensity workout for at least 20 minutes everyday – Most days, check
- Eat healthy – focus on portion control and on eating a whole foods, plant-strong diet – Kinda check
- Write everyday – I haven’t been consistent
- Daily practice of French and music skills (either piano or violin) – Epic fail
- Create daily to-do list and accomplish at least 80 percent of tasks daily – Sometimes
- Create something everyday – write, draw, compose music, craft, videos – Check
- Produce good content for my channels – Check. At least, I think so.
- Stay engaged on social media – Check
- Stay connected with my family and friends – Check
- Have an adventure every day – I need to reaffirm this intention. It could use some work
What were your 2017 goals and/or resolutions? How are you progressing with them?Find me on Amazon, YouTube, Bloglovin, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.