W 16 And So On

At the intersection of Could have, Should Have and Would Have is a Bermuda triangle of nothingness named I Didn’t. With all the potential and all the promise and all the good intentions in the world, it’s either you did or you didn’t. I could have  helped but I let the opportunity pass me by. I didn’t. I should have called to ask how you were doing. I didn’t. I would have visited but (insert meaningless excuse here). The bottom line is I didn’t.

Source: Linchpin /Seth Godin

Once a week, I try to review how I am doing with the goals and intentions I have set for the year. I want 2017 to be a year of accomplishments, not well-placed intentions that should have, could have or would have been done but that actually never get realized. It is tempting to delay the product and fiddle with it to achieve perfection but that’s often when we neglect to accomplish. How much more likely is it that we will find a reason not to do something. The excuses mount up. We spend time approaching a perfection that never comes, time that would be better spent tackling the next project. That’s the mindset I tried to keep as I work on my goals I set last week and this is how I did:

• read 2 more tomes for the readathon – I finished one and started the second
  • blog everyday – Check. Click to read Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
  • post 5 YouTube videos – check
  • make 20 new online friends. I did and will link some of their sites later
  • write creatively everyday. Accomplished. I finished two poems and a short story
  • finish editing a novella I’ve been working on for ages – Fail. Still in progress
  • gym/run 5 times – I only went to the gym 2 times but I walked a lot last week – 25,000 steps on Friday
  • improve my daily run to 2.5 miles – still not quite there
  • spend 30 minutes each day learning/practicing a skill – yes
  • save – check

My goals for this upcoming week are pretty similar:

• finish the huge 820 page book I am reading. Read 4 more books
  • finish a reading challenge – I only have one last book to read for it
  • blog everyday
  • post 5 YouTube videos
  • make 20 new online friends
  • write creatively everyday
  • finish editing the novella
  • gym/run 5 times
  • improve my daily run to 2.5 miles
  • spend 30 minutes each day learning/practicing a skill
  • pay off 1 bill in my quest to be debt free

How were your goals last week and what are you working on this week? What mantra do you try to keep in mind to help you achieve more?

Amazon, YouTubeBloglovin, InstagramPinterest and Twitter
Linkup: B Loved Boston,More Pieces of Me,  Weekly Wraps

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com
Buy Me a Coffee

1. I love your make 20 new online friends goal! That’s a unique one! Also, good luck on your running goal. Where are you at right now?
    My current goal is to hit 500 Instagram followers by the end of the month, but I’m not at all on track to hit that. I’ll be lucky to hit 400. Oh well, next month I’ll get it!

Great to meet you, Desiree. Consider yourself my first new friend of week 17 😀and I just followed you on Instagram so you’re one step closer to your goal too.
      It’s getting harder to make friends on IG. Sometimes people follow you and when you follow them back, they unfollow. I don’t know why people do that. Like if your content is great, I’ll follow you anyway but the game playing is just not nice. Anyway, I have some great social media pals so I’m happy.
      Thanks for your comment. I haven’t been running outside much. I’ve been waiting for the temps to climb a little so I’ve been doing mostly intervals in the gym.

2. You have a lot of goals for the week. Maybe I should start doing like you do. I have checked in with new people I met recently and I have been saving (this is all since the last time I commented). I’m feeling pretty good. Have a good week!

-eli

Woohoo. Keep on doing what you’ve been doing. Good for you making and keeping in touch with new friends.
      And saving is its own reward. It just gives a little bit of calm knowing you have something tucked away to treat yourself sometime. I don’t believe in saving for rainy day. Dave Ramsey says if you plan for rain, it will come 😀 Let’s save for sunshine, and a trip to the beach.

1. My partner and I are saving up for the next round of trying to have a baby (I didn’t know how expensive it was going to be). Because I’ve been squirreling, we’re in a good place. It makes me very happy.

Liked by 2 people

3. I’ve got to say, I don’t have as concrete goals for each week! Right now I’m just trying to stay afloat with all the things I have to do. My main goal for this year is to read every day, even if it’s just two pages, and I have been successful with that!

Good for you with being consistent with reading. Keep it up and the rest will fall into place too

4. Jessie @ The Acquired Sass says:

How do you go about making new online friends each week, or what are you using as the barometer for your success with that one? While that’s a continual goal of mine, the process seems slow going.

My main goal this week is to get the house cleaned. Including, cleaning the junk of our dining room table, pitching some old Tupperware, sweeping the floors, and changing the sheets in our bedroom.

Thanks for the comment, Jessie. Keeping up with housework is a constant goal. I try to do a little bit at a time and do it often to stay on top of things too.
      I spend a lot of time on Booktube finding new people to share with and watch and comment on their videos. Same with the blog. I keep a list of sites to follow and try to rotate between visiting them. It is a lot of effort but it can be so rewarding.

5. Ipuna Black says:

You have big goals. I love it! Thank you for sharing the highs and lows with your goals. I love that you keep moving forward. Keep it up!