Work. Sleep. Play. Pay back. Pay forward. Serve. Volunteer. Interact. Support. Do. Record. Reflect.
All the things we need to do, all the things we miss when we don’t do them. Sometimes it feel like there isn’t time. But we make time for the things we want. Like I could be so productive if I skipped the 30 minutes it takes to shower and groom myself but do I really want to sacrifice that time? No, no, absolutely not, and if you worked with me, you probably wouldn’t want me to sacrifice that time either.
So we find time. We make time. And sometimes we don’t make the best choices on how to spend that time but it works or it doesn’t and then we move on.
So April has reeled off the ticker tape into the distance and here is how I spent my time last month
I posted 24 entries on my blog and made 36 new blog friends in the process. My fav post here
I posted 15 YouTube videos and made 42 new friends on my channel. My fav video to make:
I read 14 books – a couple of them, I didn’t finish by midnight on 4/30 but because I read more than two-thirds, I counted it. And by the time you read this, I will have finished them too.
I went to the gym quite often but didn’t get back to outdoor running in April.
My favorite picture last month was probably this one from the Dress For Success Gala
5 new blogs I’ve added to my list of favorites are:
In this post at the beginning of April, I set these as my monthly intentions:
- Complete weeks 13 to16 of the savings plan – Check
- Read at least 10 books, including 4 Non Fiction, business titles – Check
- Write a story everyday, even if it’s short or weird or strange and not funny at all – Partial
- Read 3 books of the Bible – Check
- Post blog or video every day this month – Not quite
- Participate in blog networking programs – Check
- Invest in updating my website – Fail
From these standards, I wasn’t altogether successful but I feel good about the progress I’ve made. I just have to keep reminding myself that my word for the year is ACCOMPLISH, not just PROGRESS like it was last year.
That being said, I am setting some new intentions for May.
- Complete weeks 17 to 20 of the savings plan
- Read 10 books, including 4 Non Fiction, business titles
- Write creatively everyday
- Publish my next story collection
- Read 3 books of the Bible
- Blog every day
- Update my website
How did you do with your April goals? What’s on your To-Do list for May?
Find me on Amazon, YouTube, Bloglovin, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.