Run Walk Challenge – The First 12 Days

A little over two weeks ago, I started a daily run-walk challenge with my virtual running-buddy. I didn’t make a big deal about it because I was afraid I wouldn’t stick with it and I didn’t want to announce it and fail in front of all of you. Haha. Like that hasn’t happened several times before.

Anyway, the challenge is to workout every weekday, 5 times per week, which means Monday to Friday, rain or shine or in between, I go for a walk or run outdoors and try to meet the exercise goal for that day.

So far the daily goal has been:

• Day 1  – run-walk for at least 1 mile. Pace doesn’t matter. Just accomplish it.
  • Day 2 –  run / run-walk for a little longer and a little faster than yesterday’s workout
  • Day 3 – goal today is again to increase distance and improve pace
  • Day 4 – goal is to remain consistent – match yesterday’s distance and pace.
  • Day 5 – stay consistent – go for a run/walk and do it for at least 1 mile
  • Day 6 – Now we’re back from the weekend, get back on track – run/walk minimum 1 mile
  • Day 7 – run / run-walk for a little longer and a little faster than yesterday’s workout
  • Day 8 – break the 2 mile run/run-walk
  • Day 9 – run-walk for at least 1 mile
  • Day 10 – run-walk for at least 1 mile
  • Day 11 – run-walk for at least 1 mile
  • Day 12 – run-walk for 1.5 miles

The first 12 days have been successful. Every day, so far, I have gone out for the workout and met my goals. Today is day 13 which means the goal is to run or walk for 2 miles. Come back later for updates and let me know in the comments if you’d like to join the challenge so I can add you to the daily tracker.

Runwright Update: 1 mile run

Tarnished Update: 2.5 mile walk in the morning

Find me on Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter
Linkup: Wild Workout Wednesday, Thinking Out Loud, Thursday Thoughts

1. I walked 2.5 this morning and I will walk about 2 this evening! 😀
    I’m glad I accepted your challenge.

Woohoo! That makes me so happy to hear.

2. Way to set a goal and stick to it!!! It’s never easy to make something a habit but you’re rockin’ it!

Thanks, Annmarie. it was definitely a challenge to begin because I’d been away from running for so long but it’s going well.

3. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

That’s great that your run/walk challenge is going so well! I think running streaks can be really addictive! We have a walking team at work and that has also helped me be more consistent about getting from behind my desk.

Yeah for exercise during the workday. Having support at work really does help.

4. great job. I might have to do this challenge myself once I relocate. Doing this challenge on the beach will be much more fun. Continued success!

Yes. A daily run on the beach sounds like quite the motivator to get regular exercise

5. jrusoloward says:

Way to go! I make it out for a least a mile every day with my dog (I share the walking duty with my husband and kids, so he gets to walk more than one mile a day). I’m trying to be as diligent as you are and get on the exercise bike for 20 minutes a day.

Yeah! That’s good stuff, J. It seems like a little effort but it makes a difference. Keep doing what you’re doing

6. intrepid8 says:

Congratulations on setting a goal and accomplishing it.

‘I love it when a plan comes together!’-John ‘Hannibal’ Smith

Thank you! It feels good

7. i do like challenge, ok, i want to be well familiar with my blogging friends, you are one of the greatest, please let me know your country name