A little over two weeks ago, I started a daily run-walk challenge with my virtual running-buddy. I didn’t make a big deal about it because I was afraid I wouldn’t stick with it and I didn’t want to announce it and fail in front of all of you. Haha. Like that hasn’t happened several times before.
Anyway, the challenge is to workout every weekday, 5 times per week, which means Monday to Friday, rain or shine or in between, I go for a walk or run outdoors and try to meet the exercise goal for that day.
So far the daily goal has been:
- Day 1 – run-walk for at least 1 mile. Pace doesn’t matter. Just accomplish it.
- Day 2 – run / run-walk for a little longer and a little faster than yesterday’s workout
- Day 3 – goal today is again to increase distance and improve pace
- Day 4 – goal is to remain consistent – match yesterday’s distance and pace.
- Day 5 – stay consistent – go for a run/walk and do it for at least 1 mile
- Day 6 – Now we’re back from the weekend, get back on track – run/walk minimum 1 mile
- Day 7 – run / run-walk for a little longer and a little faster than yesterday’s workout
- Day 8 – break the 2 mile run/run-walk
- Day 9 – run-walk for at least 1 mile
- Day 10 – run-walk for at least 1 mile
- Day 11 – run-walk for at least 1 mile
- Day 12 – run-walk for 1.5 miles
The first 12 days have been successful. Every day, so far, I have gone out for the workout and met my goals. Today is day 13 which means the goal is to run or walk for 2 miles. Come back later for updates and let me know in the comments if you’d like to join the challenge so I can add you to the daily tracker.
Runwright Update: 1 mile run
Tarnished Update: 2.5 mile walk in the morningFind me on Amazon, YouTube, Tumblr, Bloglovin, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter Linkup: Wild Workout Wednesday, Thinking Out Loud, Thursday Thoughts