Shoutouts

At the end of Week 5 of the running challenge, I must give a shoutout to some of the people who’ve encouraged me along the way.

• I probably wouldn’t have started if it wasn’t for a conversation I had with my challenge partner
  • My Runkeeper friends who clicked to like every one of the workouts I logged
  • My Twitter and Instagram and Facebook friends who showed love when I posted my slow runs as well as my fast(er) ones
  • My friend who saw my monthly goal and pushed me to make a bigger commitment to run 100 miles in the #ToughGirlChallenge. It’s going to take all summer to complete but it’s a great target to aim for.
  • My friend who sponsored my running shoes
  • My old running group who waited for me last year when I was slogging through some slow miles and who I can’t wait to rejoin now that I have built up some stamina and might be able to keep up with them. That’s motivation to keep getting better.
  • All of you who read and liked and commented on all 25 blog posts detailing those runs
  • And for my mom who reads every blog post and asks about my running and congratulates me on each one even though she could probably run faster than me without trying. My mom is my motivation and today’s her birthday so I dedicate every run and every accomplishment to her.

I am blessed to have a lot of great people in my life who give me so much and I’m also blessed to have found some new people on whom I can shower that love and pay it forward. Below are a couple new blogs I found and followed this week. Check them out and encourage them too.

1. After some time away, Catherine returned to running with a 1.3 mile on Global Running Day and plans to remain consistent this time
  2. Susan is Running to Zen and has a master plan with workouts for the next 100 days or so.

Today is day 25 of the daily workout challenge that I started with my virtual running-buddy. For day 25, the goal was just to run 1 mile – an easy, recovery type pace to wind down from the 5K runs of the past two days.

Run 25 update:

I did it. I ran 1.5 miles and I also managed to complete it without stopping which is a huge accomplishment for me because I am focused on building stamina and getting stronger and this feels like the next step in that.

Overall, I ran 12 miles this past week so I am looking forward to my rest day tomorrow. Happy weekend to you!

What are you most looking forward to today? What are your weekend plans?

Find me on Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest, Twitter
Linkup: September FarmMeet @ The BarreApril

1. Susan says:

💗👏Thanks for the shout out & friendship, and congratulations on your run and all the progress!!

Anytime and it’s great to meet new friends.

2. Ivalaine says:

You are a faster runner than me! I was thinking about skipping out on my run today but reading this makes me feel like I shouldn’t!

Awesome. Thanks for saying that and I hope you did run and enjoyed the benefits, Ivalaine.

3. C. P. says:

Happy Birthday to your mom! Thank you for the shout out!!! I read it twice haha! Today I’m looking forward to eat some mexican tacos!!! Today is rest and cheat day!!! Wohoo..

Good for you. It’s all about balance. I hope you enjoyed those tacos.

4. Mummy Wright says:

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes. Love you, endlessly and forever, unconditionally. Great job. Congratulations. I have always known you can do anything you set your mind to do. Extremely proud to have a daughter like you.

Liked by 2 people

oh, you’re welcome Mummy. I love you too.

5. Boom!! Way to get it done!!

Thanks, Rachel.

6. Canuck Carl says:

Always so well done Karen. Happy birthday and God’s blessings on this coming year. 🙂

1. Canuck Carl says:

Wish I could edit. Meant Happy Birthday to your Mom! 🙂

Thanks. I know what you meant but thanks so much for caring enough to comment again. That is actually a testament to who you are 🙂

Thank you, Carl. On behalf of my Mom, I say thank you for the prayer. My mom is a regular reader of my blog (and comments) so I know she will be pleased to see this. Thanks again.