Last week, I posted my goals for all to see so it’s only right that I let you know whether they were just for show or if I actually worked on and met those targets. Last week’s intentions:
- Read the Bible everyday – check
- Read 3 books – fail. I started 2 huge books but haven’t finished either of them.
- Support someone else’s goals – check. I try to find someone to support everyday
- Finish a creative writing project by working on it daily – I worked on the project everyday but it’s taking longer than usual to finish it. I need to apply Seth Godin’s advice here- he says to ship on the deadline, regardless of whether the product is perfect or not.
- Save – fail. I had some unexpected events so I spent the $$ I should’ve saved but at least I had it to spend, right?
- Register for youth group event – the deadline was postponed so we deferred to this week
- Run outdoors every day – check
- Add strength exercises 3 days this week – check
- Blog everyday – check
- Create 2 YouTube videos – yes. I finally returned to BookTube. Click below to watch
This video is to showcase the books I bought or got in May…
… and this one is the latest in a series where I review 3 books I’ve read recently.
The videos are incredibly fun to make and I love getting feedback on them. If you haven’t already, check out my YouTube channel and read some of the things people say in the comments and you’ll see why. Oh and while you’re there, maybe you can subscribe too 🙂
This week, I am excited about adding a new level to my workout challenge. Ashley, who’s a fitness coach and one of my Instagram friends invited me to participate in a free Beachbody-with -ShaunT week but aside from that, I am still excited to work on many of my other existing goals, all in an attempt to build strong habits. That being said, my intentions are very similar to last week:
- Read the Bible everyday
- Read 3 books
- Blog everyday
- Create 2 YouTube videos
- Support someone else’s goals
- Finish a creative writing project by working on it daily
- Register youth group event (the deadline is on Tuesday)
- Organize 2 outings for my youth group
- Run outdoors every day
- Complete the ShaunT workout challenge by doing all the daily workouts
And of course, the daily workout challenge continues. A few weeks ago, I started a daily run-walk challenge with my virtual running-buddy. Weekend schedules are a little less predictable so our challenge is only for weekdays. So far, we’ve completed 5 weeks and we’re back for week 6. It hasn’t been easy and I’m not seeing the physical effects as quickly as I would’ve liked but I know there are benefits that I can’t see and I feel a lot stronger. I can go longer distances before I am exhausted and I can run for longer periods without stopping. Let me know in the comments if you’d like to join the challenge so I can add you to the daily tracker. Today’s goal: run/run-walk 2 miles total
Runwright update: I ran 2.26 miles this morning. I had a walk break when I got to the park and stopped for water. It was crazy because although it was 7:00 a.m. it was already pretty warm out. Otherwise, I didn’t need to stop and my average pace was about 10 minutes per mile. The temperature is expected to go up to 93 degrees today so I am glad I was able to run in the morning because who knows what time it will cool down to run in the evening.
Questions for you:
- What are you looking forward to this week?
- Have you ever participated in any of these Beachbody challenges?