I Missed A Day

I was traveling yesterday and while I’d packed my sneakers, there just wasn’t time to fit in even a run. This morning, I tried to make up for it by running my weekly 5K – I covered 3.15 miles in 33 minutes – but my weekly mileage is still lower than it should be. This means that although I am supposed to take the weekend off, I’ll have to find a way to complete the required miles on Saturday evening or Sunday. That will be the end of Week 6 of the daily workout challenge I started a few weeks ago, with my virtual running-buddy.

How did your week’s workouts go? What about the rest of your To-Do list – did you accomplish the things you set out to do this week?

Find me on Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter

Linkup: Thinking Out Loud, Thursday Thoughts, Stuff and ThingsSeptember FarmMeet @ The BarreApril

1. Simon says:

You can do it! If not then take things as they come! 😊

1. Simon says:

What else are you up to over the weekend?

Church, attending my first BBQ of the season and hopefully a little reading – I have been slacking on that. What’s on your agenda this wknd?

3. Simon says:

I’m not sure yet… We’ll see. Right now it’s to try and sleep

Hey Simon. I hope you had a great weekend!

5. Simon says:

Hi Karen it was good thanks – How are you doing? 🙂

2. C. P. says:

I was supossed to run yesterday but my chance was in the afternoon but at that time I was too hot outside and a lot of sun, so I stay at home a did some cardio.
    33min for that distance is a goal for me!!!

Sounds like you did well too. I don’t like running in afternoon heat either so I would’ve made the same choice.

3. Cheila says:

You’re still awesome 🙂

4. Cait @ Paper Fury says:

Yay someone else who runs!! I just today worked out how much I run (via google maps haah) and I do 5.5kms per day which I’m really happy with. 35 mins is my timing so far, but I do walk maybe 500metres of that.😜 Good luck with your running!!

Thanks, Cait. So cool to know you’re a daily runner. This week, I am at about 3.5 km per day with one 5K on Wednesday.

5. Way to make it up and get some eXtra miles in.

I got 2 workouts in last week. Not the stellar week I was planning g on but 2 is better than 0-right?

Gymnastics , b day party, family movie night a day father’s day this weekend. I may get a workout in…..we will see.

You’re so busy, your day-to-day life IS a workout, T 🙂
      I hope you had a great weekend.

6. You are awesome! I miss working out and running regularly. Unfortunately, safety had become a concern recently. But I am seeking options. Looking into a recumbent bike or something low to the ground that I can sit on the mats in case I have an attack.

Awww, I hope it works out. I’ve never used a recumbent bike but I hope you find one.

1. I think it is the safest option 🙂 Right now I am working on tapering my med and changing diet. Looking at trying more holistic and natural methods.

Holistic approach is always my recommendation too.