The Week That Was

Last week, I didn’t post about my weekly goals because I was focusing on my monthly recap and intentions. But I did write about them in my journal so I’ll tell you now that I planned to:

• Read the Bible everyday – I did
  • Read 3 other books – I finished 1 and started 2 others
  • Update my reading journal – That didn’t happen.
  • Blog everyday – I missed Monday’s post but I made up for it later in the week
  • Create/ upload 4 YouTube videos – I made 4 but only posted 3 so far
  • Make some new friends on social media – I did! See below
  • Support someone else’s goals – I did. Click to read my indie author feature
  • Write creatively everyday – I did
  • Submit stories for online publication – I missed the date so I have to wait a week
  • Save – The funds were a little low but here’s hoping I can get back to it this week
  • Run outdoors every day – I did
  • Strength train 3 times this week – I only managed one day
  • Prepare for Pathfinder exams this weekend – It was A LOT of work but we did it!
  • Declutter – I did but I still have more to do

I’ve been at daily workout challenge that I started with my virtual running-buddy  for 9 weeks now. That means I have run 45 times in a little over 2 months. I am feeling good about that. Some years, I don’t manage to run that much in an entire summer. Running every morning has definitely become a habit. I wake up and go for a run. There’s no thinking and wondering whether it will happen. It is the thing I am happiest about. That and the fact that at night, I sleep like a baby. Remember when I posted about insomnia? That is a thing of the past. If you’re having trouble sleeping, I recommend you try making running a habit too.

Last week, my runs were definitely shorter than they were the week prior so I completed just under 10 miles over a 5 day period. (Details here) This week, I want to complete a little closer to 12 miles because I want to average 2 miles per day except on the 2 days where I want to do a 5K distance.

My planned runs this week:

• Monday – 2 miles (already done. Yeah!)
  • Tuesday 2 miles
  • Wednesday 3.2 miles
  • Thursday 1.5 miles
  • Friday 3.3 miles

Other than that, my goals this week are to:

• Read the Bible everyday
  • Read 4 books (finish the 2 that I started last week plus 2 others)
  • Update my reading journal
  • Complete some artwork for a writing project I am working on
  • Blog everyday
  • Create/ upload 3 YouTube videos
  • Write creatively for at least 2 hrs everyday. I want to finish a short story I started
  • Submit stories for online publication
  • Make some new friends on social media
  • Send 3 pieces of snail mail to friends and family
  • Support someone else’s goals
  • Run outdoors every day
  • Strength train 3 times this week
  • Declutter and donate some things
  • Complete my organization for our camping trip in August
  • Plan my weekend camping trip coming at the end of July

Last week, I discovered and followed these blogs:

Special mention to Kay, one of my favorite bloggers, who has returned to the blogosphere after what was just a  few months but felt like eons. Her blog, TheKayTimes, is about her life as a lawyer in Trinidad.

If you’re looking for some new people to follow and support, why not click the links above and give their blogs a little support.

Other than the blog, I’m on: Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter

1. I’m a morning exercise person as well. For exactly the reason you mention…you don’t have to think about it- you just wake up and do it! Otherwise it just hangs over me all day.

Absolutely. One day last week I woke up late and couldn’t run so all day, it was on my mind, will I get to run this evening? I was happy when I got home and finally got it done. It felt good to have a training plan that I want to follow – like a real runner 🙂 – but I never want it to feel like a chore. Running first thing in the morning is best for me.

2. Whew! I’m tired just reading about all of your goals. I don’t know how you find the time to do all of that but kudos to you. That is amazing!

Thank you. I usually set more goals than is probably realistic so it pushes me forward. Sometimes I fall short so I reset and try again. Sometimes, I meet them and then we all celebrate. This was a good week for you to read 🙂
      I hope you’ll stick around as I continue to share my progress.

3. As part of my marathon training I’ve started doing speed work on Mondays before 7am, something I never thought I’d be doing but I’ve started to enjoy, especially as I feel energised afterwards! It’s also meant getting up to do a long run before 8am doesn’t seem so hard.

Wow. That sounds great – like you are living up to your name and running happy 🙂 Enjoy it!

4. You always keep your sights on the nest goals and make sure to contribute a lot of positive and give back. I adore that so much! What a wonderful week. I am happy you found Jay’s blog. He is fantastic. Hope you have a great week 🙂

yes, I absolutely love finding new blogs. If you have a recommendation of someone else you think I should be following, please go ahead and leave me a link. In fact, I think I will make a post about that. Stay tuned.
      And thanks as always for your positive feedback. You are the dream reader – the reader I always hoped I would find when I started this little page. I hope you have a great week also.

5. HoHo Runs says:

You’ve done a wonderful job with consistent running. Waking up and running first thing in the morning is a great habit to have! I am working on de-cluttering and organizing my house. It’s a process, but at least I’m making progress.

Oh, all the best to you. The decluttering process is a never-ending one over here too. For me, it doesn’t help that I am sentimental than practical when it comes to keeping things. I finally decided to take pictures of things I was keeping just for the memories. It helped me lighten up in some areas.

6. [ Smiles ] Wow! I am impressed! You read the Bible everyday!

7. Wow, that’s a lot of goals for one week! Good for you! I’m impressed. Sometimes, I’m lucky if I even put my clothes on forward some days. 🙂

Haha thanks for making me smile 😀