Last week, I didn’t post about my weekly goals because I was focusing on my monthly recap and intentions. But I did write about them in my journal so I’ll tell you now that I planned to:
- Read the Bible everyday – I did
- Read 3 other books – I finished 1 and started 2 others
- Update my reading journal – That didn’t happen.
- Blog everyday – I missed Monday’s post but I made up for it later in the week
- Create/ upload 4 YouTube videos – I made 4 but only posted 3 so far
- Make some new friends on social media – I did! See below
- Support someone else’s goals – I did. Click to read my indie author feature
- Write creatively everyday – I did
- Submit stories for online publication – I missed the date so I have to wait a week
- Save – The funds were a little low but here’s hoping I can get back to it this week
- Run outdoors every day – I did
- Strength train 3 times this week – I only managed one day
- Prepare for Pathfinder exams this weekend – It was A LOT of work but we did it!
- Declutter – I did but I still have more to do
I’ve been at daily workout challenge that I started with my virtual running-buddy for 9 weeks now. That means I have run 45 times in a little over 2 months. I am feeling good about that. Some years, I don’t manage to run that much in an entire summer. Running every morning has definitely become a habit. I wake up and go for a run. There’s no thinking and wondering whether it will happen. It is the thing I am happiest about. That and the fact that at night, I sleep like a baby. Remember when I posted about insomnia? That is a thing of the past. If you’re having trouble sleeping, I recommend you try making running a habit too.
Last week, my runs were definitely shorter than they were the week prior so I completed just under 10 miles over a 5 day period. (Details here) This week, I want to complete a little closer to 12 miles because I want to average 2 miles per day except on the 2 days where I want to do a 5K distance.
My planned runs this week:
- Monday – 2 miles (already done. Yeah!)
- Tuesday 2 miles
- Wednesday 3.2 miles
- Thursday 1.5 miles
- Friday 3.3 miles
Other than that, my goals this week are to:
- Read the Bible everyday
- Read 4 books (finish the 2 that I started last week plus 2 others)
- Update my reading journal
- Complete some artwork for a writing project I am working on
- Blog everyday
- Create/ upload 3 YouTube videos
- Write creatively for at least 2 hrs everyday. I want to finish a short story I started
- Submit stories for online publication
- Make some new friends on social media
- Send 3 pieces of snail mail to friends and family
- Support someone else’s goals
- Run outdoors every day
- Strength train 3 times this week
- Declutter and donate some things
- Complete my organization for our camping trip in August
- Plan my weekend camping trip coming at the end of July
Last week, I discovered and followed these blogs:
- James Cudney is a NYC blogger who posts multiple times a day. Impressive
- Damien is a South African book Blogger who names his favorite book as The Alchemist, one of my faves too.
- Pooja is a young Kenyan born Indian who posts short, short stories
- Dragonfly curates a family’s experiences including reviewing the media they consume
Special mention to Kay, one of my favorite bloggers, who has returned to the blogosphere after what was just a few months but felt like eons. Her blog, TheKayTimes, is about her life as a lawyer in Trinidad.
If you’re looking for some new people to follow and support, why not click the links above and give their blogs a little support.Other than the blog, I’m on: Amazon, YouTube, Tumblr, Bloglovin, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter