Just A Work In Progress

For the sake of completeness, I am sharing my weekly goals even though we’re almost midway through the week.  However, since it’s so late in the week, I’ll also tell you where I am with meeting these targets.

• Read the Bible everyday – yes
  • Read 4 books – I’ve already finished one and am set to finish another one tonight. I am working on improving my reading speed to prepare for BookTubeAThon
  • Update my reading journal – not yet
  • Run outdoors every day – 2 runs already recorded
  • Strength train 3 times this week – not yet
  • Declutter and donate some things – yes. I’m still finding things to give away
  • Work on organization for August camping trip – yes
  • Plan my July weekend camping trip – yes
  • Plan presentation for a kid group on Thursday – yes

I have a lot of work to do for the rest of the week but I’ll get it done. I’ve been falling asleep earlier at night than I would like and this is good for some things (a sign that my days are fulfilling and that I’m no longer dealing with insomnia borne from ennui) but also threatens my productivity since I have been known to produce a lot of my best work in the wee hours of the morning. I’m working to find the right balance over here.

What’s new on your side? What are you working on today?

Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter
Linkup: Thinking Out Loud, Thursday Thoughts

1. Great progress with cutting 30 seconds off the time. Sounds like you will reach most of the goals this week! Just push yourself to write tonight or tomorrow for 2 hours!

2. Abhijith Padmakumar says:

Great post. Just loved it !!

3. Love the idea of sending actual mail to someone! In fact I love it so much I think I am going to start sending my nieces and nephews a letter, I bet they have never received one LOL Thanks for the idea!!!
    Love your weekly goals! You rock!

Thanks, Kristy. Yeah you’re prob right that some kids have never received mail because it’s become so rare in this generation. Let’s bring it back!

4. jrusoloward says:

Do you find itemizing your goals and publishing them makes you more likely to meet said goals? I’ve been playing it by the seat of my pants and wonder if being more public about it will help.

Interesting question. I read an article recently that suggested that publicly announcing plans and getting positive feedback on the goals themselves can be a surrogate for the validation you can get from achieving said goals. So some people post goals and then do nothing to achieve them because they already feel like a success.
      I don’t necessarily agree with that though. Writing down and sharing my goals does help me feel like I have to be more accountable, like I don’t want to fail in public.
      Personally, I would say try it and see if it helps you. And let me know when you post your goals. I’d love to read 🙂

5. Kay says:

Great progress on your goals friend! Where are you going camping?

6. Drangonfly says:

love. love. love
    Let’s start with the fact that you set up WEEKLY goals. Girl! only that, is awesome! Then they are all awesome goals! Reading and writing, staying connected and healthy.. .That makes me smile. a little jealous too! 🙂 Blogging and writing EVERY DAY?? reading FOUR books?? I want to be this productive! I especially love it because you write about important things that make me think and smile 🙂

Thanks so much for saying so. This method helps me stay on top of the goals I’ve set for the year but when I share and get feedback like yours, that makes me smile too 🙂

7. I love these goals, Karen! They are all so unique and creative. I really would love to blog more frequently but at times I find it hard to come up with content. Your content is always so rich and quality-filled.

8. Ann Coleman says:

Don’t worry about blogging every day. Just post when you feel you have something to say, your readers will be there! Take care!

Thanks for the comment, Ann. Thats’s great advice.