Speaking of running

And speaking of running, (because aren’t we always)… I laced up and ran a little bit this morning. My knee is still bothering me, and I’ve taken the bandage off so I am running around with a huge open wound on my knee but there is a part of me that just doesn’t care how I look when I workout. There won’t be anyone chasing me down the street to ask for my number and I wish I could muster up enough concern about that. Is that bad?

It was raining by the time I went out, which is why I didn’t push to run longer but I wanted to stay safe, so I ran in circles and when it really started to pour, I was close to home so I stopped.

Last night, my “bedtime story” was a video someone shared with me about why vegans have heart attacks at almost the same rate as meat eaters. It made me want to change some things about my diet so I stopped in at Whole Foods for this mostly plant based lunch, featuring omega oils, by way of olives and fish.

Click here if you’d like to see the (pretty long) video. It’s not new but it’s really interesting

Current reads:

• Shut Up And Run by Robin Arzon – a book about running
  • Exit West by Mohsin Hamed – a novel about refugees

What’s your day like? What goals are you chasing today?

Other than the blog, I’m on: Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter

Linkup: Caffeinated Book Date, B Loved BostonMore Pieces of Me,  Weekly Wraps

1. Erica Ashley says:

Awesome job girl!! Way to get out there and run!!

2. I heard Exit West was really well written! Great job getting your run in!!

Thanks. I plan to finish it this evening and I’ll share my thoughts about it. You might want to check out my Booktube channel. I often review books there first.

1. Wonderful I’m going to subscribe now 🙂 my channel is youtube.com/kristimejia

3. Clarinda says:

Great job on your run! I’ll have to check out that video. Sounds interesting. 🙂

4. Go you! It’s great that you push yourself!

5. HoHo Runs says:

I hope your knee is getting better! Great job on getting out there for a run in spite of your wound. PS…I don’t care what I look like when I run!

Haha. Good to know we are alike in that way.

6. Great job on your run and sending good vibes to your knee!

Thanks Heather. I am still on the mend from that injury plus recovering from a bunch of little snafus from this weekend so I’m taking things easy for a bit. I hope things are better on your side.