5 Star Predictions

Have you ever watched a movie or read a book that you knew you were going to love even before you started watching/reading it? One movie I knew I was going to love even before the opening credits started was the Oscar nominated foreign language film, Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulin, or simply Amélie

Amelie is a movie in French about a young, single, eccentric woman and the oddities of her life in Paris. I am a big Francophile and I’m also a young – or at least I was the first time I watched the movie 🙂 – single, kind of eccentric woman living in a big city. When I watched the movie, I wasn’t disappointed and I have counted it as one of my favorite movies ever since.

Today, I am making a similar prediction about some books. A Booktuber whose videos I enjoy went through her TBR pile and picked out some books she thinks she will give a 5/5 star rating to when she finally reads them. I decided to do something similar so listed below are 5 books I am predicting that I will love.

1. A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James (Man Booker Prize winner)
  2. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri (Pulitzer prize winning author and Booker prize nominee)
  3. The Unseen World by Liz Moore (a thriller that comes highly recommended)
  4. The Things Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s (Author of Americanah)
  5. What If by Randall Munroe (absurd scientific questions)

Click to watch my video where I chat a little more about why I made those predictions.

What was the last book or movie you thought you would absolutely love? Were you wrong or right?

Other than the blog, I’m on: Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter

Linkup: Thinking Out Loud, Thursday ThoughtsSeptember FarmMeet @ The BarreApril, Follow Friday

1. I really thought I’d love Lovely Bones after seeing the trailer, and especially after reading the book and loving it, but it was a bit of a let-down unfortunately

2. jrusoloward says:

I hope they live up to expectations. I rarely expect to love something (at least not the first book of a series), so I’m always pleasantly surprised.

3. Kay says:

I’ve read a couple of reviews for number 1 and 100% know I’ll love it!

That’s what I am hoping too.

4. Do books in series you love count? I can guarantee I will love books in a few series, as well as all the books by some authors.

Absolutely. I don’t read a lot of series but if I really like an author, I am pretty sure I will enjoy their other books although I must say I have been disappointed with that one before.

1. So have I – one of my formerly favorite authors just got old after a while for me. I haven’t read anything of hers in years.

5. I thought I would live “the big sick” and I fid

6. Drangonfly says:

yes there have been books that I just KNEW 🙂 if I adore the author or the series! Like World After book 2 of Angelfall. 🙂

And did they all live up to your expectations? have you ever been disappointed by a book? I’d love to hear about it

7. Drangonfly says:

Sorry if this doesn’t sound too modest! 😜 Yup but I think that we bookworms have pretty good instincts! So I think 99% lived up ti my expectations 😊 I’ll think about that 1% and try to find a good example 😊