Have you ever watched a movie or read a book that you knew you were going to love even before you started watching/reading it? One movie I knew I was going to love even before the opening credits started was the Oscar nominated foreign language film, Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulin, or simply Amélie.
Amelie is a movie in French about a young, single, eccentric woman and the oddities of her life in Paris. I am a big Francophile and I’m also a young – or at least I was the first time I watched the movie 🙂 – single, kind of eccentric woman living in a big city. When I watched the movie, I wasn’t disappointed and I have counted it as one of my favorite movies ever since.
Today, I am making a similar prediction about some books. A Booktuber whose videos I enjoy went through her TBR pile and picked out some books she thinks she will give a 5/5 star rating to when she finally reads them. I decided to do something similar so listed below are 5 books I am predicting that I will love.
- A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James (Man Booker Prize winner)
- The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri (Pulitzer prize winning author and Booker prize nominee)
- The Unseen World by Liz Moore (a thriller that comes highly recommended)
- The Things Around Your Neck by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s (Author of Americanah)
- What If by Randall Munroe (absurd scientific questions)
Click to watch my video where I chat a little more about why I made those predictions.
What was the last book or movie you thought you would absolutely love? Were you wrong or right?