#Eclipse2017

Did anyone actually get any work done around midday today when the world, or at least our part of it, paused to watch the solar eclipse. The eclipse didn’t happen the same way in New York, so I watched two YouTube feeds showing the event happening at different times in idaho and in South Carolina. Both times, it felt like a once in a lifetime experience.

What happens once in a lifetime, but twice in a moment? That sounds like the preamble to a  bad riddle.

So not much else got accomplished today, well, except for the fact that I posted one of the 5 or so book review videos that I need to make this week for my Booktube channel. If you’re not tired of watching videos for today, you  can click below to watch it.

I’d love to hear how your day was and whether you had an eclipse in your part of the world too.

Other than the blog, I’m on: Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter

1. I’m with ya! I saw very little of it, myself. Only pictures from other states.

It must be impressive to see in person but thankfully, we have technology for every other experience.

2. I was able to watch it where I live. It was really amazing to be able to watch it in person but at the same time it was over so quickly that you’re like that’s what all the fuss was about. But I still really enjoyed being able to see it.

Just as good things come in small packages, so do great experiences come in small parcels of time.

3. I was able to see the partial eclipse in Chicago during my lunch break! Don’t worry, my coworkers and I wore eclipse glasses, although we saw some people who did not…

I just saw an article where the President was looking at the sun without solar glasses so those people have company 🙂

4. josiah harry says:

I paused, went outside, enjoyed the moment, went back inside, and now it is back to the grind. Happy Solar Eclipse Day! (Although the day is just about over).

Thanks, Josiah. Happy eclipse day to you also

5. I went to Madison square park to watch….it was actually pretty good. I know we only had 71% but I thought it was pretty cool.

Nice. Yeah, I was expecting it to get a little darker but the whole event was still exciting

1. I thought it would be darker too. My daughter had friends at the intrepid and the pictures she saw it looked much darker

6. We only saw about 60% here in the Boston area, but it was pretty cool. I think the next eclipse in 2024 we’re supposed to see 93%. My favorite place which had totality was Jackson Hole Wyoming. The reporter for CBS had the mountains in the background and it was breathtaking to see the play of light on them.😊

Ah, I didn’t see the Wyoming eclipse feed but now I think I will look to see if I can find the coverage online. Thanks,

7. Didn’t see anything here in France but I did witness a total solar eclipse in India 20 years ago which was quite an event, back then there was no social media, but as three girls travelling, we heard on the old travelling grapevine that there was a solar eclipse happening and if you wanted to see it “total” we should travel an hour away to Fatephar Sikri (we were in Agra visiting the Taj Mahal), so we took a bus to this place, not realising that many others were doing the same, that it was a small town and there was nowhere to stay, all accommodation booked. So we and about 400 others camped out on the steps of an old abandoned fort, literally sleeping there, the sun rose at 5am to a quiet applause and then at 7.30am it was like night came on again, we watched the birds circling and this eerie atmosphere pervade everything, then it went dark for about a minute or so. Yes, it’s brief, but it was unforgettable and all the more special to have experienced it outdoors with a group on the steps of what had been a thriving historical fortress, now abandoned to stargazers.

8. Kay says:

I think it was visible here and there were viewing parties etc. I however was in my office. I wish I went out to see it.

oh nice. Trini people know how to party 🙂

9. jrusoloward says:

I was driving home from a doctor’s appointment in Manhattan. I stopped at a gas station in NJ (I live in NY, but have to go through NJ to get home from the city) to “look” at the sky. I got a picture, but it was a bit disappointing considering the hype. It got a little dark, but looked more like it was overcast than anything else. Friends down south and out west had much better experiences.

Yeah, it wasn’t time for our blackout. I liked watching the hype online though

1. jrusoloward says:

Definitely. People we’re going all out. My sister and her family drove done to South Carolina to see it.