My goals last week were to:
- Write creatively everyday and finish 2 short stories – I did that
- Record & upload 7 video reviews – I made 5 YouTube videos, not all reviews though
- Read 3 books – yes, see below
- Blog everyday – I did
- Send snail mail to 3 people – I wrote them but didn’t put them in the mail yet
- Meet one new person each day – I think I did
- Update my blog in some way – I didn’t do
- Run 4 times and complete 7 miles – Fail! I only ran twice and it was more like 3 miles 😦
As it relates to reading, I joined Bout of Books 20 readathon where I planned to read 3 books from the TBR pile I mentioned in this post. I actually read 4:
- The Windfall /Diksha Basu
- Harvest /Jim Crace
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian /Sherman Alexie
- The Thing Around Your Neck /Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
I also started reading Born To Run by Christopher McDougall but it is a pretty dense book about various running communities in the world and while it is entertaining and information and inspirational, it is also not the kind of book that lends itself to breezing through it. Ironic that a book about running makes a slow read.
This week, my goals are simple.
- Finish my current writing project and start editing
- Start some inquiries for publishing a short story
- Run x 4
- Blog everyday
- Read 3 books
- Record and upload 4 videos
Hopefully, next week, I’ll be able to say I met them all. As it’s the last week of the summer holidays (funny how back to school feels like the end of summer whether you’re a student or not) and the last few days left in August, it would be good to accomplish these so I can move on to bigger and better things in September.
What are you working on this week? What goals do you think will be particularly challenging / easy to accomplish?Other than the blog, I’m on: Amazon, YouTube, Tumblr, Bloglovin, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter
Affiliate links included where you can purchase books on Amazon and help support my blog. Thanks!