In January, I started a book club but it didn’t go well. It was around the time I thought I needed to do live videos in order to discuss the book and the first day I was supposed to film, I was stuck at an event in Queens and didn’t get home until late – too late in the day meaning no lighting (meaning poor video quality) and a whole host of other issues. So I postponed the discussion and every time I thought about going back and rescheduling it, it didn’t happen. Not even when I finished that book and moved on to something else.
Past failures aside, I’m trying the book club again – starting on Sunday, September 17, we begin reading our first book, Shakespeare’s Tempest.
I’ve chosen 7 books for the book club to read over the course of the next 15 or so weeks left in this year – 4 Fiction and 3 Non Fiction, spanning a variety of sub-genres and topics. Most are short and easy to read, one is pretty long but it’s worth the read, I hear. If you’d like to join me for this read-along event, please let me know in the comments below or visit my YouTube channel and leave a comment there.
Below is a list of the books and dates for the discussion:
- The Tempest /William Shakespeare – September 29th
- Lincoln in the Bardo: A Novel /George Saunders – Sunday, October 15th
- When Breath Becomes Air /Paul Kalanithi – October 29th
- The Housekeeper and the Professor/Yoko Ogawa – November 12th
- The Glass Castle: A Memoir/Jeanette Walls – November 26th
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind/ Yural Noah Harari – December 10th
- Animal Farm / George Orwell on December 17th
Click the titles to purchase on Amazon (affiliate links included) or shop my shelf at The Book Depository
Linkup: Top Ten Tuesday