Inspired Thoughts

A few things I am doing or thinking about today, the books that inspired them and links to previous posts where I talked a little bit more about those ideas.

• Sketching my plans and my goals as I process them

Book: Draw to Win by Dan Roam

Book:  Doodletopia Fairies/Christopher Hart

Blog post: Add some fairy dust

• Trying a bunch of  different projects, even if I don’t finish them right away

Book: Originals /Adam Grant

Blog Post: Strokes of Genius

• Being aware of how I speak, even during casual conversations, because practice makes permanent

BookTalk Like TED/ Carmine Gallo

Book: The Art of People: 11 Simple People Skills That Will Get You Everything You Want /Dave Kerpen

Blog Post: Relationship Advice from a Social Media Expert

Please comment below with a Non Fiction book that has left a lasting impression on you.

Note: When you click my affiliate links, I make a small commission to fund my book buying tendencies. Thanks! Links in this post connect to Amazon. You can also shop wth free international shipping using my Book Depository affiliate link (click here) – it takes a little longer to be delivered but if you can wait a few extra days, you can save some $$
Other than the blog, I’m on: Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter

Linkup: B Loved BostonMore Pieces of Me

1. johnrieber says:

A terrific post. I will click your links to support the cause as well…as for a non-fiction book that left an impression on me – the legendary Travel Writer Paul Theroux released a new book last fall called “Deep South” – he spent four seasons on the back roads of America’s south, and it is a fascinating and somewhat sobering look at a part of our country being left behind…here is a link to my post if you are interested:

Thanks so much for sharing this. I checked out your post and will request some of the books that you mentioned, the Paul Theroux book, especially.

2. Thanks for this list! One book that has recently left me inspired is Jump by Steve Harvey. A lasting impression has to be The War of Art.

Awesome. I loved Jump and his Act Like A Success, Think Like A Success.

I’ve seen War of Art but never read it. I haven’t actually read The Art of War either, come to think of it.

1. It’s very eye-opening! Check it out when you can

3. Drangonfly says:

I don;t read lotsa non-fiction [for that of escaping reality and so :)] BUT after the elections I just HAD to read Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis‎. Very eye opening. The Hate U Give felt SO non-fiction to me! There is no way that book can ever feel like fiction to me! it’s like the memoir of millions of people in the US and around the world!

You’re so right about that. I haven’t read The Hate yet but I feel like I know the story really well from seeing it described on TV.