10 Days In

Things have been a little quiet around here in terms of goal setting and goal tracking and I want to get back to it because I truly find that I am more productive when I post my goals and you guys help keep me accountable. Here are the marks I hit and missed in September.

In September, I planned to:

• write for at least 2 hours every day – I did this most days
  • publish a new book – I sent it off to print but it’s not ready yet but it’s a win for me
  • sell copies of my short story collection –I didn’t do any promos but I did sell a few copies
  • complete the Tough Girl Challenge to run 100 miles by 9/17 – I was doing well until I fell but I did run over 70 miles during the period so I consider this a win
  • to lose some weight – I did. I don’t know how much and I don’t really care 🙂
  • to get to 900 YouTube subscribers – I am still at ~ 750 but I’m happy with the number (Please click to subscribe if you don’t already follow me there)
  • to post a video for every day in September – I actually posted 14 videos which is more than any other month so that’s good
  • to read The Decameron – I started doing the art project to accompany the reading so it took longer but it made it more satisfying so that’s okay too
  • to read 10 books – not even close
  • to blog everyday – not even close
  • to start the 365 day challenge to meet some new people – YES! I have met several people that I wouldn’t have chatted up if I wasn’t being intentional. I will share an update in a separate post but the plan is going well.

Overall, it was a good month but I know I could do more if I keep tracking so here are my October plans:

• write for at least 2 hours everyday
  • get my new book published so I can start distributing
  • complete a poetry collection
  • run 30 miles
  • publish 15 Youtube videos
  • get to 900 YouTube subscribers
  • host 2 live videos for my book club
  • continue the 365 day challenge
  • give 10 percent of my income
  • save 10 percent
  • read 10 books

And that will make a successful October in my book. What are your goals this month? Since we’re already 10 days into the month, would you say that you’re gaining momentum or are you lagging behind in where you wanted to be by now? Please share.

I’m also on: Amazon, YouTubeTumblrBloglovinInstagramPinterest and Twitter

Linkup: Wild Workout Wednesday

1. Jess T. says:

Cool post! My goal is always to gain followers 🙂

2. Simon says:

How do you do all of that?

3. I think you did very well with your goals. Great work!

4. Kay says:

Yay you sent off your book to print?! Definitely wins all the goals!

5. Great goals! Mine are to move into my new house and make the process stress free! And to stick to my workouts 🙂

6. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets says:

I always enjoy reading about your goals. You did a great job in September! Congrats on the new book!

When it comes to my goals I think I’m doing okay so far, except there is a book I’ve been trying to read for weeks and I just can’t get myself to sit down and just read!

Thanks, J. Some months are better for reading, some are better for other things. In September, I only read 3 books but I wrote a lot so I am pleased with the balance. I am sure you’re doing better than okay with your goals too, even if those pages aren’t being turned as fast as you would’ve thought 🙂

7. Hannah says:

I am impressed that you write for 2 hours most days. Have you ever written about your writing habits? I would love to hear how you manage it.

I don’t think I have written about my habits but I will definitely start working on a post since you asked. Thanks.

8. Canuck Carl says:

Wow, this is productive. Having a book published and writing for 2 hours a day is very impressive.
    Having monthly goals is something I have not done, but maybe I should consider. I may not be too good at accomplishing them though. With a full time job, plus being lay pastor things come up all the time that all of a sudden become a new priority. 🙂

9. You had a seriously productive Sept! I love that one of your goals was to meet new people – I try to do the same whenever I can, I just love hearing the stories people have to share.