On July 1st, I started reading books for the 7th installment of Book Challenge by Erin. You can click here to read my post where I stated my intentions and listed the books I wanted to read for the challenge.
These are the categories, with corresponding points and the book I read for each prompt:
- 5 points: Freebie – Any book that is at least 200 pages – We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves /Karen Joy Fowler 304 pages completed 7/8/17
- 10 points: Title starts with the letter “B” – Born to Run /Christopher McDougall 4 stars 287 pages completed 8/29/17
- 10 points: Yellow cover – Harvest /Jim Crace 5 stars completed 8/24/17 208 pages
- 15 points: Animal on the cover – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time /Mark Haddon 226 pages completed 7/16/17 4 stars
- 20 points: 2017 publication Here and Gone /Haylen Beck 287 pages completed 7/24/17 3 stars
- 20 points: Compass or cardinal direction in the title – Exit West /Mohsin Hamid 231 pages completed 8/7/17 4 stars
- 25 points: Banned book (Wikipedia) The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian /Sherman Alexia completed 8/26/17 2 stars
- 30 points: Fictional book about mental illness The Bell Jar /Sylvia Plath changed to How To Behave In A Crowd by Camille Bordas 4 stars completed 8/31/17 319 pages
- 30 points: Non-human main character The Bees /Laline Paul 3 stars completed 10/31/17 340 pages
- 35 points: A book a Disney movie was based on OR a book based on a Disney movie Heartless /Marissa Meyer 3 stars completed 10/30/17 453 pages
I completed the challenge! Yeah! What was difficult for me was the two fantasy books that I just kept putting off and putting off until the last couple days. During the period July to October, I read way more than 10 books (I actually read 22), which means that I could/ should have completed the challenge a long time ago. Also, I would love to get around to the bonus round next time I do this challenge so it just means that I have to get better at choosing my TBR. Things to think about until the next installment.
If you participated, please leave me a link in the comments so I can check out your recap post as well.