Today, November 19, is celebrated as national Play-Monopoly day. I enjoyed playing Monopoly as a child and even though I don’t play it often these days, I have lots of great memories of playing the game at home with my mom and my brother, and of playing it at school at the end of term when we would have class parties and get an opportunity to change out of our uniforms and let our hair down with board games and cards, etc. So to celebrate National Play Monopoly Day, I created the Monopoly Book Tag.
Click here to watch my video on You Tube
These are the 12 prompts:
- Go: A book with “GO” in the title
- Community Chest: Book where a character only succeeds because of his/her community
- Income Tax: Book with a character who has a 9 to 5 job
- Railroad: Book with a significant scene that takes place on a train
- Chance: Book about luck
- Jail: Book where a character goes to jail
- Electric Company (Lightbulb): Book with a character who has what (s)he thinks are great ideas but are harebrained schemes
- Free Parking: Book that features a traffic incident
- Water Works: Book with a character who cries a lot
- Hotel: Book set in a hotel
- Rent: Book with a character who is having trouble paying their rent
- Bankrupt: Book with a character who is bankrupt in some way – financially, morally or emotionally bankrupt.
If you would like to respond, go ahead and make a post and link me on it. I plan to make another video where I share the books that say those words for me and I would love to hear your answers too.