One of the reading challenges I’ll be participating in this year is the Full House Reading Challenge.
This is an annual challenge hosted by Book Date and you can click the years to see where I participated before in 2017 and 2016. Prompts are arranged on a bingo square but the goal is to cover each tile and get the full house.
Below is the list of categories and the books I plan to read for each one:
- B1: Mystery or thriller – Dark Places /Gillian Flynn
- B2: Historical – The General In His Labyrinth /Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- B3: Over 500 pages – A Brief History of Seven Killings /Marlon James
- B4: Setting in library or bookshop – The Storied Life of A J Fikry /Gabrielle Zevin
- B5: 4 word title – History of the Rain /Niall Williams
- I1: Last book added to your TBR (as of the time you fulfil this one) – Family Tree /Susan Wiggs
- I2: Classic – The Sun Also Rises /Ernest Hemingway or The Great Gatsby /F Scott Fitzgerald
- I3: Fantasy – The Shadow of the Wind /Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- I4: Coming of Age theme – Perks of Being A Wallflower /Stephen Chbosky
- I5: Adapted to a Movie – The Circle /Dave Eggers
- N1: Holiday season – The Devil’s Arithmetic /Jane Yolen (Jewish Passover)
- N2: Has big plot twist – Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine /Gail Honeyman
- N3: Humor – Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls /David Sedaris
- N4: Book to improve your life – In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day /Mark Batterson
- N5: Redemption theme – The Handmaid’s Tale /Margaret Atwood
- G1: Has a number in the title – Half of A Yellow Sun /Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- G2: Under 250 pages – How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia /Mohsin Hamid
- G3: New to you author from another country – White Tiger /Aravind Adiga
- G4: From a favorite series of yours – The Story of the Lost Child /Elena Ferrante
- G5: Dual time line – Life After Life /Kate Atkinson
- O1: Non fiction hobby book – Into Thin Air /Jon Krater (about hiking)
- O2: Children’s book ( could be a picture book if wished) – not chosen yet
- O3: Book chosen randomly from TBR shelf – The Finkler Question /Howard Jacobson
- O4: Memoir or Autobiography – The Glass Castle /Jeanette Walls
- O5: Reread – not chosen yet
This year, I chose books that I already own so I don’t have to spend time searching for books and waiting for them to come in at my local library. Having a set TBR, I hope, will make it easier to accomplish this goal. I will keep updating this post throughout the year so you can see how well I am doing with this challenge and egg me on. A red highlight means I have read the book. Here’s hoping this post is mostly read the next time you see it.
Would you be interested in taking this challenge as well?