There are lots of reasons… there will always be… but the number one reason I haven’t been posting about my goals on my blog is because I haven’t been working on them. I could tell you that I’ve been busy writing about books, doing the reviews that will bring in some cash or get me some free books or whatever. But I used to share my yearly, monthly, weekly, even daily goals on this blog and then show you how I am doing meeting them. I got a lot of encouragement to keep working and I also felt a sense of community when you shared your goals and told me I helped you in some way to feel motivated to keep reaching for them. When I stopped posting about my goals, and you all stopped helping keep me accountable, I started slacking, little by little, until I don’t even know where I am with my progress anymore. So the goal posts will be making a reappearance. Starting today.
I shared my word for the year in this post. It’s OPTIMISM. I need to be optimistic. But see the thing about being optimistic and seeing the positive potential is that you have to be seeing things. There has to be vision. There has to be a plan.
Listed below are some of my 2018 goals. Some of them are ridiculous but Steve Harvey said your vision board should have some dreams so big, even you get scared imagining them coming through.
- I will publish 3 books
- I will become a bestselling author – whether the designation comes from Amazon, the New York Times or some other revolutionary site that hasn’t been created yet but will be used to track book sales, whatever they use to say your books are selling a lot, they will print my name as one of those bestselling female authors 🙂
- I will grow my YouTube channel to 5K subs. I am close to 1K right now but I know there are a lot of people who are just like me who want to hear what I have to say when I do the right things, so they can be encouraged. A lot of people. At least 4,000 more of them. Click to subscribe if you haven’t already
- I will write everyday and publish something everyday. Whether it’s just a few lines on my blog, something on Twitter, a poem that I share on Instagram. Whatever “published” means, I will share my writing with the world everyday.
- I will be my healthiest self – daily exercise, eating nutritious food, getting enough rest, proper hair care.
- I will be an effective leader (more on that later)
- I will be financially stable – debts paid off, credit restored, money in the savings account, that kind of stability.
There are a few more goals, plans of a more personal nature that I have to hold a little closer to my chest. Know that I have made them, I have written down the vision and I will take the steps to reach them. When they happen, I’ll tell you.
For now, starting tomorrow, February 1st, the monthly goal posts will resume here on the blog and I hope you’ll join me to read and encourage me and maybe share some of what you’re working on as well. The first month of 2018 is almost over but we have 11 more to be optimistic about our plans and get things in gear to accomplish everything we want.
What about you?
What are you changing so you can meet your goals this year? Do you make vision boards? Would you like to see a post about the vision board that I created for my 2018 goals?
This post was updated on January 1, 2019 to reflect how well I did my goals.