I suppose it’s a little late to be talking about monthly goals since today is already February 9th but there’s a whole lot of month still to go so why not! As I told you in this post, I haven’t been posting about my goals much because I wasn’t being very productive and I didn’t think you would want to hear me talk about things that I think about doing but don’t actually do. But then not posting means I don’t have the accountability that blogging gives me so I became even less productive. It’s a vicious cycle and writing these posts helps me to escape it. I started writing my daily goals in my journal again. That’s a start but here’s a overview of what I planned to accomplish this month, plus a more realistic reassessment now that 8 days have already passed.
Goal / updated realistic plan moving forward
- Write A LOT in February. I’ve been doing a daily challenge, trying to write SOMETHING every day. So far, it’s working well. I haven’t written as much as I would have liked but the daily habits are returning.
- Submit SOMETHING to be published. I looked up some online writing contests and I am working on a story that I will submit this month
- Produce 20 videos for my YouTube channel this month. That number isn’t happening since I only made 2 of the 5 videos I wanted to last week. A more realistic goal is 12 videos this month, which would still be a lot
- Get to 1000 subscribers on YouTube. I am almost there so if you’re not already subscribed, I’d love to interact with you there too
- Read 12 books this month. I’m behind a little bit but that’s easy to catch up on
- Run outdoors, even 4 times. So far, I haven’t run. It’s cold. Way too cold for me. In previous years, I’ve pushed myself to run in the cold (see exhibit A) but what usually happens is that I get sick afterwards. This year, I am taking every preventative measure I can to NOT get sick so running outdoors isn’t something I plan to do until the temperatures get at least over 50 degrees.
- Meet all project deadlines. That’s in my organization, my personal life and with my writing. If I commit to producing something by a specific time, I want to do it. So far, I’ve missed a few targets – a mailing because I didn’t get the notification, another mailing because one of the items didn’t arrive on time and a report because the software had a glitch. But things will improve from here on out if I can control it.
And that’s it. I have a couple more goals that are on the personal side so I’ll keep those a little closer to the chest but I’ll tell you about them if I reach them.
What about you? What are your goals this month and how are you progressing with them?