Thirty Two Point Nine. We are 32.9 % of the way into 2018 already. Four months in, the year is approximately one third in (YIKES) but since the distribution of days isn’t even throughout the year (31, 28, 31, 30, 31, 30, 31, 31, 30, 31, 30, 31) at this point, we are 120 days into the 365 day cycle which actually works to 32.9 percent if you want to be technical. Forgive the nerdiness. When it comes to numbers, I can’t help myself sometimes. But the nontechnical answer is that the first 4 months of the year are G.O.N.E. Gone with the wind, disappeared into the ether and I shudder to think of how little I have to show for it.
Are you like me in wondering where the days have gone and want to make a change to be more intentional about how you spend the next 67.1 percent of the year?
Below are some goals I’ve set for the next 30 days:
- Write everyday
- Publish fiction in 3 online collections (I already have one arranged. Yeah!)
- Complete release of new book 😉
- Daily posts
- Post the conclusion to Under Where
- 20 New YouTube videos
- +100 YouTube subscribers follow me if you haven’t already
- +100 Instagram Followers follow me if you haven’t already
(Warm weather means it’s time to start running again)
- Run x 10 totaling 20 miles in May
- Start doing core exercises 3 times each week
- Read 10 more #ManBooker50 qualifiers
- Continue the Runwright Reads Book Club (click here for upcoming book selections)
- Attend 3 networking events
- Connect with 8 new writers and support them (buy their book or promote via social media)
- Camping trip
- Try a new craft
So those are some of the things I am planning in May so that at the end of the month, I’m not scratching my head and wondering where the time went.
What about you? Leave me a comment below if you’re making some goals for this month. What do you think will be the most challenging target for you to meet?
Support my blog
Buy my short story collection. It’s available on Amazon …
Or order via Etsy to receive author’s notes on what each story means to me…
Or send me a message with your Venmo payment… so many options. Thanks for the support.
link: Thinking out Loud