Birthday Intentions

Today is my birthday and as is my tradition, I usually make some plans for the next go-round, and some of them I even make public on here. This past year, my blog posting schedule has been sporadic, at best. I have been writing a lot, but much of it has been freelance writing that I don’t get to share with my readers. If I want to change anything this year, it is that I want to share more of my creative writing. Read this as my intention to go back to having a daily blog.

Last night, I was editing a scientific article summary for one of my students and the content of one of the studies prompted renewed awareness of my diet and the long term effects of some of the choices I have been making. If there is one change I can make that will filter through and impact every other part of my life, it will be eating better, specifically reducing the amount of sugar and carbs I consume. It doesn’t have anything to do with weight, although obesity is certainly an indicator for other health concerns. No, the article showed the link between high blood sugar levels and susceptibility to dementia and Alzheimers. As we get older, we often joke about having “senior moments”, but no matter how many candles I need for my birthday cake, I don’t want to ever lose my memories. After all, I’ve worked so hard to get them.

As I transition into adopting these two new habits again, I look forward to sharing more with you. I’ll have more to say tomorrow.

1. Happy birthday!! ❤️🌿

Emory

2. Happy birthday my friend! 🤗

Hey. Thank you. Great to hear from you. How are you doing?

1. I’m doing okay. Just trying to improve my health…

Oh, what happened? I hope you’ll be better soon. Continue to take care of yourself

3. queenpea77 says:

Happy Birthday lovely, hope you’ve had a fab day! 🙂

4. justin beidleman says:

Your a biker . Nice wheel set on that rig in the background. The smiles you ve shared in the work out photos\selfies prove you know how get a good burn on. For every 3 miles on that baby is 1 walking. Eat well Eat Often. Be always ready .Not getting ready:)

My exercise has been off my normal schedule for the summer but I am working on getting back to the basics. Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot.

5. justin beidleman says:

Please, I hope my comments are not immoderate. I am new to the medium and aspire to follow to proper manners. So may I inquire why the algorthym is saying “Your comment is awaiting moderation”. Its a robot. Scary some times like cars on the road. Always watch your back never know what gaining on you:| Pump It UP!

WordPress automatically holds comments from new accounts. Once I approve your comments once, you’re IN and you can comment as much as you like and it’ll show up immediately 😉
      Thanks for reading, thanks for the gift, thanks for the interaction. I feel like I’ve made a new friend.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )